David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/20/12 1:05 p.m.

Every year Carlisle Events gives away a car during their import show. This year, the prize is an X1/9.

Details: http://www.carlisleevents.com/events/import/index.asp

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
4/20/12 2:02 p.m.

And for 3 years in a row (08,09,10), the winner was within arms reach of me when they pulled the number.

Last year I had a crowd huddled around me...

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
4/21/12 9:16 p.m.

Opel's have an annual event there during that weekend. Someday. On the list of to do's.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
4/23/12 3:36 p.m.

That's cool. Oddly enough, this is one of the few Eyetalian cars that I actually fit well in.

Rupert
Rupert Reader
4/27/12 8:52 a.m.

Great Cars! Just make sure you watch the rear wheel alignment. 5K miles on a rear tire is your reward if you don't!

Been there, done that!

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
4/27/12 3:28 p.m.

Rupert,

You should go. I am!

Leo

GautamAuto
GautamAuto New Reader
4/28/12 12:23 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Every year Carlisle Events gives away a car during their import show. This year, the prize is an X1/9. Details: http://www.carlisleevents.com/events/import/index.asp

Thanks dear for share the details. i have checked it. nice information dear...........

Rupert
Rupert Reader
5/3/12 11:19 a.m.

Leo,

Wish I could!! I've enjoyed Carlisle more than once. In this case I'll be at Niagara Falls Ontario keeping a long over-due promise to my wife.

Enjoy!

Rupert

Rupert
Rupert Reader
5/3/12 11:41 a.m.

Leo,

Another thought. Check out the Mission Driven Car Show on 26 May in Louisville. I don't know of a show anywhere with more variety of entrants and a prettier site than St. Francis in the Fields in Louisville. I'll be there with about 175 other cars and owners as well. Pick a brand you like or a country of origin & I'll bet both are represented there.

Since you are a Moog fan you might want to consider the BRITISH BASH put on by the British Sports Car Club of Louisville. (I was a charter member and the first treasurer.) This year the show will be on 3&4 June at another beautiful site. The St. Josephs Orphanage on Frankfort Avenue in Eastern Louisville.

Even though there are no longer engine oil, antifreeze, and transmission puddles in my garage I still attend every year. A ton of cars, beer, music, very friendly enthusiasts, & a dependable tow service. How could a Brit owner ask for more?

Checkout www.britishsportscarclub.com. They haven't posted any details as of a few minutes ago but they have some good photo galleries on the site to show you what they're about.

Rupert

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I1sxsRcVaNvM1789Fh9z29bdVYHTXsfjRioD1UvCNpsUQwAvM9NS9dYRp7AFsFza