David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/1/22 3:58 p.m.
feature_image

Classic Motorsports grew out of British Car Magazine, where Gary Anderson served as editor and carried on after the transition. He later served as editor of The Star, the official publication of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America. Anderson passed away last night.

“To me, Gary was a mentor,&r…

Read the rest of the story

mgslime
mgslime None
6/2/22 11:00 a.m.

Sad news indeed!  I started reading British Car Magazine back in the late 80's and coresponded with Gary occasionally with a few articles and letters during his tenure as editor.  I still have my "British Car Magazine Roving Reporter" notepad he sent me. 

Robert Rushing

Editor, The MG Driver

North American MGB Register

tolyarutunoff
tolyarutunoff New Reader
6/2/22 4:46 p.m.

was the magazine published in the far northwest?  if this is the same man, he's the person who contacted me to say that my bristol 407 zagato was probably on its second circuit of the odometer when he'd read somewhere that it had 38k miles on it when i got it in '87.  i always meant to subscribe, but...

dougie
dougie HalfDork
6/3/22 1:30 a.m.
mgslime said:

Sad news indeed!  I started reading British Car Magazine back in the late 80's and coresponded with Gary occasionally with a few articles and letters during his tenure as editor.  I still have my "British Car Magazine Roving Reporter" notepad he sent me. 

Robert Rushing

Editor, The MG Driver

North American MGB Register

Ditto - I started my subscription to British Car after graduating college in the mid-80's and had the pleasure of  talking cars with Gary at many Austin Healey events I've attended with him. RIP Gary........

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7e8oswBnQDGV7V3BC7n6T7tdyeKpM897kZPvhahYc9TyFOsHnzRbD371anTKuQoy