John Webber
John Webber
4/8/13 10:00 a.m.

Experts in the social graces—and there are many—don’t agree about much. But they speak with one voice on this important issue: They all say gold is the traditional gift to celebrate 50 years together. After all, a golden anniversary is a milestone that sets hearts fluttering. Think about it, folks:…

Read the rest of the story

tom austin
tom austin None
7/9/13 6:18 p.m.

Inspiring! I just bought my first moggie (a totally restored '62 Plus 4 roadster) after many years with a Triumph Spitfire and before that, a couple of Minis (61 850, 63 997), a Jag (Mk XIX), a pair of Mustang GT convertibles and a few other rides in between.

What I don't get is how he's fitted some type of air filter on his SUs without a special blister on the bonnet. Does this moggie have a custom intake manifold?

azguy238
azguy238
12/10/19 2:26 p.m.

In reply to tom austin :

Look carefully at the first picture....he's added a "Super Sport" type bulge to the bonnet to clear the air cleaners.  On a real Morgan Super Sport that bulge would be covering a pair of Webers.

dougie
dougie Reader
12/11/19 11:47 p.m.

I raced with Patrick in his Morgan at Portland's PIR and Road America, I always enjoyed our post race talks. He was a great competitor behind the wheel of the Morgan, the car was truley an extension of himself. Great article, I loved the original magazine profile and probably still have the issue in my library.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Aloy3QT9zTCq3VVCUAmS3WBO8vtTEf7u56kyTEqS6lDS0iYLl835r48eRDscBIeV