David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/20 2:22 p.m.
feature_image

What’s a modified Porsche worth? Depends. 

Bring a Trailer recently offered this backdated 1975 Porsche 911S, complete with all the hallmarks: long hood, big flares, ducktail on the rear. Under that ducktail, though, not a period-correct engine as power comes from a twin-turbo 3.8-liter…

Read the rest of the story

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/10/20 3:11 p.m.

Normally not my thing, but I thought this was really nicely done.

Torqued
Torqued New Reader
12/10/20 4:35 p.m.

Yes, very nicely done, but unless it has some special provenance (racing history? VIP ownership?) wouldn't the extensive modifications make it less valuable?  It certainly does not look at all original.  The interior comes across as garish to me.

David S. Wallens
12/11/20 9:58 a.m.

In reply to Torqued :

I'm with you on the interior. I'd say yes to the flares, the aux. lamps, the wheels and even the color. But no to the headlights, the intercooler hump and the interior--and I usually love houndstooth. 

rsikes
rsikes New Reader
12/12/20 3:55 p.m.

Extremely well done, the folks at Partick Motorsports are top notch!  Too custom to find a large enough audience to drive the price.  I've made that mistake before but not at this $$ level - thank goodness!  I'lll bet there is a new interior in the near future!

swintyulna
swintyulna New Reader
12/14/20 12:28 a.m.

There is always a buyer out there that will fall in love with the color and the design, but surely this costs a fortune.

ralittle2
ralittle2 New Reader
12/14/20 10:49 a.m.

Outside nice, turbo?  Not on a backdated car.  Inside?  OMG ugly.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/14/20 6:54 p.m.

So... basically a Singer, but not at well executed but about the same price.  Also, I hate the tail lights.  Why change what works fine (design wise):

Here is slightly "crazy" Singer interior.  I think it's much better done (still a bit over the top for me, but nicer):

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/16/20 5:30 p.m.
aircooled said:

So... basically a Singer, but not at well executed but about the same price.  Also, I hate the tail lights.  Why change what works fine (design wise):

it's supposed to resemble the 1967 911 R.

David S. Wallens
12/18/20 10:54 a.m.

I prefer the Singer. It just looks more put together. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TQfNBqTYEKUQYMSQO4mD8m23DtQ5IilWsgcnN9jZkvpEyVnxcR7AeKkfympdlwE2