The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
3/24/23 8:00 a.m.

Given a choice, most people would rather not have carbon deposits inside their engine. Just picture what that gunk is doing to the engine’s performance.

But what exactly causes those deposits? And, more importantly, how do you keep them at bay?

Read the rest of the story

russinok
russinok New Reader
3/24/23 11:58 a.m.

I am surprised ( and disappointed) that an article on carbon deposits and coking does not mention how direct injected engines suffer much more from these problems or how an air/oil separator can help. 

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
3/24/23 1:11 p.m.

Sonoco fuels might be top tier, but their stations are the crappiest places to buy fuel. The constant round of trashy stores, broken pumps, card readers that don't work, and their inability to change fuel filters have made me shop elsewhere. I'm betting their tanks suffer from a lack of maintenance and water removal as well which is why their filters are always stopped up. As poor a job as they do maintaining their stores, I certainly wouldn't take their advice on maintenance for anything else. 

They are a hard pass for my personal and company vehicles. If they had the best fuel in the world, I still wouldn't buy from them because they are pumping it through the worst stations and equipment. I'll stick to Shell, BP, and Parkers.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/24/23 4:14 p.m.

What you mean this is no longer acceptable?

russinok
russinok New Reader
4/6/23 12:57 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mKhFMyWXeRwCNJ5ToT8odDE3WL0xgYdsBphCvkt45kun01Y17A0IXNCBPiNcs6Gk