BrettX19
BrettX19 None
3/18/08 10:31 a.m.

I was grinning all of the way to work. I plan to take a drive during lunch too. Spring is almost here and I am ready!

So get out there and drive your classic to work, It will put a smile on your face. Brett

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/18/08 10:52 a.m.

Beautiful X1/9 Brett!

I've always loved that look. I have yet to drive one though......gotta change that soon! I have only heard good things about the experience behind the wheel.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill None
3/18/08 11:59 a.m.

Very nice car. I would love to have one too!

BrettX19
BrettX19 None
3/18/08 11:59 a.m.

Thanks! I have had this same X since 1988 and it NEVER fails to bring the grins. If set up properly, they are amazing machines. They respond to performance much greater than they were designed for. Brett

rconlon
rconlon None
3/18/08 2:47 p.m.

I drove my Spider this weekend for the first time since the Gulf Caost tour. It runs much better since stretching its legs. Good to see the X again. It is better in real life.

Cheers Ron

racerdave600
racerdave600
3/18/08 2:58 p.m.

Amazing looking car Brett, it really makes me miss my old yellow '74. Of all my Xs, the '74 was my all time favorite! Nice, nice car!

BrettX19
BrettX19 None
3/18/08 3:01 p.m.

Thanks for the kind comments. Here is the inside. It is a RHD X1/9 in the US. Not many of those around here.

bluevr6
bluevr6
3/18/08 3:05 p.m.

Sweet Brett:

I didn't get to drive mine to work today. I got the rain you had yesterday. I did pull the nice x out on Sunday, put my daughters seat in the car and we went and put a new battery in it though. Gotta get ready for spring.

Peace, Kevin

KaptKaos
KaptKaos None
3/18/08 9:24 p.m.

I drove my 914 to work to work today too. Partly because the weather was nice and mostly because my Jetta was side-swiped by a truck last week.

Still, I have carbs pretty well dialed in and had a blast!

Coupefan
Coupefan
3/18/08 10:31 p.m.

Brett,

I see you have the Campagnolo alloys I always wanted for my X1/9...those things are beautiful, light and strong. I once had a set of the real Abarth CD30's on mine, but a shortage of funds earlier in life forced me to sell. Mine's a daily driver also.

ddavidv
ddavidv None
3/19/08 6:14 a.m.

Brett's car is even nicer in person. :omg: Since I'm between jobs and lost my company car, I've been driving the Mini a lot. Luckily it's been dry most days I've needed to go somewhere. C'mon spring!

bluevr6
bluevr6
3/19/08 7:17 a.m.

Hey Coupefan:

I believe I heard Brett say that these particular wheels were signed by Al C his-self.

Really cool.

BrettX19
BrettX19 None
3/19/08 9:00 a.m.

Yes, they do have Al's signature engraved on them. It is a fun story anyway. Al said that these Campys were the very last new set on the planet. Not sure about that but they are not new anymore. :nice:

rconlon
rconlon None
3/19/08 9:50 a.m.

Brett: Al only signed them? He usually strings about 400 words without spacing just to say, hi. Ha! Those must be rare. I did not take my Spider to work but I did take it to the Gulf of Mexico and 2000 miles on my first run of the year.

Cheers Ron

BrettX19
BrettX19 None
3/19/08 10:20 a.m.

:nice: That is true. He actually used an engraver on the rims and signed his name, date and my name on the rim.

I plan to drive my 85.5 Spider to the Poconos FFO coming up. I may try to sell it while I am there. Are you going? We should caravan if so.

rconlon
rconlon None
3/19/08 10:33 a.m.

Brett: The Poconos are still in the discussion stage. A plan is for me to fly to Ottawa and co-drive down in Doug's Pinin. At the moment, my enthusiasm (and leave time) for touring in a small sports car has been all spent but I may feel different in a few weeks.

Cheers Ron

BrettX19
BrettX19 None
3/19/08 12:25 p.m.

You are welcome to join us. We plan to leave Knox area on July 9 early am. You are welcome to crash at my place if you join us. Brett

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RnLfjHglOnQ6DbChODpDuMUfoVm2ostDje5iEVProovgFmSYWsYxXx3Y76J9e6UD