David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/2/20 9:30 a.m.

[Editor's Note: This article originally ran in the July 2019 issue of Classic Motorsports. Some information and prices may be different today.]

The Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow has been owned by all manner of dignitaries, from rockers and royals to fighters and fashionistas. Vidal Sassoon ha…

Read the rest of the story

Martisan
Martisan
6/2/20 8:18 p.m.

When they were making “the best car in the world” for all the really important stuff that needed to be good they shared Chevy Impala parts- transmission, air conditioning, and  power steering. I worked on one several times and what impressed me the most was the auto trans linkage that worked beautifully (their own parts), and the hand finished mitered door glass frames. As a car I was underwhelmed.  This may have been accentuated by what a creep the owner was. 

Kurt Lammon
Kurt Lammon None
4/6/21 1:07 p.m.

Do these cars have live axles? How hard would it be to get rid of the hydraulics and just go with straight coil springs? I've always loved the looks of the R-R Shadows and have been attracted by their low prices. LS swap, Wilwood brakes all around?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UGopFDQxBchAeLFozb4SMU8J5IHZ1W0eHJzn5FnRAHYaVAMcJFGlKDvXDmrBHNhT