carwryter
carwryter None
8/17/09 11:49 a.m.

Consider Triumph’s much-maligned wedge. The car’s controversial shape—critics called it a flying doorstop, a wacky wedge and worse—ignited a firestorm. The TR7 suffered some serious burns at the hands of the factory, the press and consumers, and the TR8 emerged from the ashes of this wildfire. To f…

Read the rest of the story

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/21/11 4:33 p.m.

This was a really great article about the TR7/TR8. I've owned a lot of Brits in the past, but my TR8 is a keeper.

80tr7dhc
80tr7dhc
11/23/12 3:40 p.m.

Great artical, I like to read all I can find on these great , underated cars. I have never driven a tr8 but am looking forward to it,

I have 4 tr7s , 3 dhc, 1 coupe, and a tr8 dhc. I love my little wedges, I am looking forward to building my 8, I have never "raced" my 7s but played alot, they are a blast! My 80 tr7 dhc is well known in MB CAN. as it is most carshows around our area. My 7 was a rough car at best when i got it , now its a gem. My tr8 is a bush parked ,rusty non running lump as of when i got it, But it will be transformed into a gem.It is a AUG 81 built car with injection, and a 5spd. I cant wait to hear it purr and drive it like it was built to do!

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
7/10/19 1:38 p.m.

I've gone through this article and updated the photos and added the new prices. Hope everyone enjoys!

Our Preferred Partners
3DREkpFUr3U1iJiAuTcm1h2e1l4AmPAPiC8ELur0NuVRzN7tKYBiRStudI61ayue