Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/20/14 10:54 a.m.
feature_image

As we were looking through some of the paperwork that we got with our 1958 Tornado Typhoon, we found receipts and notes to and from a former owner in Connecticut.

We were able to contact this owner and learned a bit more about our car. First, he told us he had brought the car over from England in t…

Read the rest of the story

schoonermjw
schoonermjw New Reader
2/29/16 9:49 a.m.

Just came across your story on the Typhoon..... I owned that car in England back in the late 60's early 70's Registration LTB 413. I sold it when we emigrated to Canada in 1977, it was a runner and went with a box of Aquaplane parts I was going to install. The turn lights I put on from a VW... as you say, not standard :) I'll see if I can find any more pictures... no digital in those days.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
3/1/16 6:17 a.m.

With the likes of a Typhoon, you may well be stretching things calling them incorrect tail lights. The lights might not have been what Typhoons typically came with, but it doesn't mean the factory didn't send some out with those lights when the typical ones were for some reason hard to get hold of at the moment.

Seen this sort of thing many times, in vehicles and items far more mass produced than a Typhoon.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
3/1/16 12:01 p.m.

Very cool to find direct info about your particular Tornado survivor. FIAT flipped back and forth between an in-hose thermostat and an in-head one for a few years in the early-to-mid '70s, depending on what was cheap /available at the moment. They did that with other cars and parts as well.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/7/16 6:27 a.m.

It is so cool to start connecting with the people that built and owned this car. I spent time with and England and have gotten to know the founder of the Tornado car company too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X1zx67LCIO4qLal1l1aj9V5JyX3FWATOI3O3nGOfCjgYLsQCEfuLbFt0eZDfZ9GC