stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
9/8/17 7:21 p.m.

I hadn't been back to the Lime Rock Vintage weekend for a few years, but this year the stars aligned, and I was there on Saturday.  I spotted a few folks who have appeared on this forum.  First Mike (OF Racing)

From what I saw and the published results, he had a fun weekend, doing about the same in all the races. His race group had everything from Spitfires and Morgans to a real  GT-40

Things did not go quite so well with Leo Basile.

The Cooper returned to the pits from the Saturday morning race on the back of a ramp truck.  It was seen getting lots of attention to both the front and rear in the afternoon.  From the published results he only got in a few laps on Monday morning.

And finally, my friend Phil, and his Sunbeam Alpine.  He had a good weekend on track, too, but this was a special moment.

The young man was touring the paddock with his parents, and was checking out Phil's car.  So Phil plopped him into the driver's seat, and did up the belts.  Big smiles.  Who knows what the long term effect will be?   How many of us can point to a moment like this that led to our being on this forum, a toy of one form or another in our garages?

Stu

OFracing
OFracing Reader
9/20/17 8:00 p.m.

In reply to stu67tiger:

That's for the kind words and nice pictures Stu.Grouping a GT40 and 911s with Spitfires didn't make it much fun for me. But this event is about the cars. Being on track with a GT40 driven by a Le Mans winner is something I'll probably never experience again. They do sound really cool when they pass you.

mike h

stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
9/22/17 8:48 p.m.

Come to think of it, your race was sort of like LeMans.  The fast guys go fast, and everybody else drives in their mirrors, hoping to keep their rear bodywork intact..

Stu

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3od4Pe6Lka8kKuUrmcJvuchrxRFPUiQsdHg9dzXBIjtWrQJglzhWUf7FBFyc1erd