scoutnow
scoutnow
8/27/09 12:50 p.m.

My mechanic can't put the Dual Pass Transmission back together again for my 62 Buick Skylark. We've got all the pieces from another car, but he can't figure out the correct sequence. Is there anyone that has a manual or knows where to get one?

ronbros
ronbros New Reader
8/28/09 5:34 p.m.

GM Buick club!! and is it called a Dual Range Hydramatic?

ronbros
ronbros New Reader
8/28/09 6:26 p.m.

YIKES, you sure can pick a rare one. Wikipedia,, GM Roto Hydramatic, model 5. Buick called it a Dual Path Dynaflow AS i remember GM was experimenting with all kinds of torque convertor systems in those yrs. i drove a lot of them, most had waaay to much slip and slow acceleration, hence the name (slush box), some slipped so bad you could not get over a curb stone, with it floored! and like said in wiki. most were sold over seas Austalia Holden, europe, Opel,Vauxall.

now service manual for it,, Wow i have no idea.

as usual, GM best automatic was the Turbo-Hydramatic, almost all new automatic trans of any make has some of the technology from them. GM had a good auto , in 1939 4speed auto

ronbros
ronbros New Reader
8/28/09 6:36 p.m.

follow up! for racing, GM worked closely with the wild CAN-AM Chaparell cars, and Jim Hall, for torque convertor 2spd auto trans, lite weight and strong, in lite weight cars and Lots of power slip did not matter that much because rapid acceleration and quick shifting(without missing) was more important!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vnbUba1ngRK3z8ni8pEQOFNZNRW63bNqaDYSSjj9S2ZA8Sl44etdYvXHAJbJ1Md9