Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/5/20 11:10 a.m.
feature_image

When's the last time you needed to get the okay from a major car manufacturer to make a new car? If you are couchbuilder Zagato, and you came across 60-year-old plans for a hand-built 356 body, that's exactly what you do.

And then you build nine of them.

Built on an actual …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/5/20 11:15 a.m.

A quick search tells me the price of new 911 GT2 RS is approximately $293,200.

jr02518
jr02518 HalfDork
2/5/20 5:52 p.m.

We found our selves in Carmel this last August on a weekend get a way, not as it turns out for what everyone else was there for.  Stopping in town for a walk we spotted a car on the corner.  The car in person is very striking.  The detail of the rear quarter window to the body shape, it flows.

The clues of it origin are there to see, but the execution of the details is spectacular. 

The seats offer an answer to another project I will be working on, they are just "right".

I am a sucker for a set of hips, yes I am.

The exhaust system would look great on a Karmann Ghia, or heck, any Bug!

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
2/5/20 6:05 p.m.

In a very good way it looks like a progeny of a 365 and a 550. And a 911 aunt. And an Italian uncle.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
2/6/20 11:13 a.m.

Zagato  first built a batch of Roadsters  with this design idea ,

the Roadster was a "copy" of the one Zagato  built for a French racer on a Speedster chassis back in the 1950s . That car was crashed and probably scrapped , 

If you are into Zagatos you can see a lot of ideas from Fiat double bubbles , 356 Abarth Carrera etc  in the hardtop version......

I can see how they sold out quick !

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uANyGYJg7bRCHUWdQWYfdBsTEFHsFqYaMhlpcGC5vVllZMBxvh51wTyMOk9ASEtP