Story by Mitch McCullough

It was midnight in the Apennine Mountains, dark, and quiet except for the cicadas and a light breeze rustling through the pines, when two tiny cars, one Italian, one French, came around a curve and raced down the mountainside, slipping through the wilderness as they heade…

Read the rest of the story

Coupefan
Coupefan Reader
10/21/23 11:25 a.m.

Alas, all of my Italians are too young to take part.  Even my oldest is 16 years a baby to the requirements.   

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
10/25/23 7:49 a.m.

Beautiful article. Great way to travel.  I was recently in Greece and came upon a passing rally/tour, the Peloponnese.  I was instantly jealous.  I only caught these two cars sadly, and they ar both Fulvias although I saw several other vintage makes. 

mcloud
mcloud New Reader
2/11/24 1:01 p.m.

The MONTE CARLO HISTORIQUE is another good rally, perhaps more challenging that this one.

tolyarutunoff
tolyarutunoff New Reader
2/11/24 2:11 p.m.

we ran it 2 1/2 times; cooper/mg and c3 cunningham.  no crew, couple of stopwatches.  back when they had a trophy for the best car from each country, we were beaten for the u.s.a. trophy in '94 by a couple germans in a 300sl who entered from their scottsdale address.  i don't think they had us passports...oh well...it was great fun.  i also navigated for sandy orttewell in his '24 alfa 1500 sport in '05.  it had about half as many entrants then

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MKbYXNCut0xD7XiGmh9hKD1sxKH54czNQQN7B6PQqjeCR5IvLo1alYo9G058oRhb