Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
9/18/20 9:00 a.m.

For the past few years, you’ve poured your life, soul and wallet into restoring your classic car. So far, things have gone pretty well. You’ve done most of the work yourself, hiring only a few professionals along the way when you haven’t had the time, skills or equipment. 

T…

Read the rest of the story

g8rbill
g8rbill
9/19/20 2:02 p.m.

I turned 16 in 1970 and bought a blue MG 1100 from Larkin Motors on 9th Street in Bradenton, Florida.  I got hired by them to be their errand boy and car washer - a  job that I loved.  In 1971 I traded in the 1100 for the 1968 MG Midget shown below (unfortunately, this is my only photo of that car).  Seeing the article above brought back so many fond memories and fun times that I had in that beautiful car.  The Primrose Yellow exterior with black interior has always been my favorite combination, and I love the stripped bumper with fog lights on the car above!  I wish that I had the skill to do these things, but it is not my gift.  I now get to drive a 2008 Miata MX-5, which is the closest thing to my old MG.

IMG_3828.JPG

ID10T
ID10T None
4/15/22 7:37 p.m.

I do the exact same thing with any used car or motorcycle I buy and the difference is often nothing short of amazing. The driving/riding experience is so much nicer not to mention the satisfaction of a job well done.  

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/21/22 9:30 a.m.

Yes, the sorting is the part of a restoration that makes the car truly enjoyable.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
4/21/22 10:18 a.m.

This is also the reason you can get a great deal on a car that was restored like 5 years ago and the owner now wants gone cause it is not getting used.

Good article.

carloshermida
carloshermida
6/18/22 12:16 p.m.

Our Preferred Partners
fDttHHuWD4HRXMLWAAyuuXcnaUNIwGtOKpNj0OUekgpGwXXcIq9hDmtuG2uOQMWv