Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/15/15 12:30 p.m.
feature_image

After a thankfully uneventful trip home, we began the arduous task of unloading and cleaning up our new project Lotus Elan. We are very careful about introducing unwanted critters to our workshop, so we always start every project with a thorough cleaning and inspection.

Since the car wouldn’t roll,…

Read the rest of the story

CertifiedLotus
CertifiedLotus New Reader
12/18/15 6:31 a.m.

The beginning of any Lotus Elan project is always exciting. Good luck on the magnatude of this restoration! It will be an epic undertaking and can't wait to watch the progress. Let me know if you need parts, I have a fair amount from my own S1 rebuild.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/19/15 6:32 a.m.

Certified Lotus, Thanks. We start on the engine on Tuesday and the rest of it on Christmas day. Yes, I do need parts, especially a S1 or S2 decklid and right rear quarter.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/19/15 7:19 a.m.

What I'm interested in (not that I'll apply the knowledge...) is how the aged fiberglass is "restored". And I suspect that the work on the Tornado's body will add a bunch of info to that part of the build.

BTW, Tim- with the quality of work that you guys are putting out- any thought of putting some "how to's" together? Not for the garage restorer- there are enough of them out there. But for the potential person who wants to get into the business of restoring cars.

And I'm really thinking for the kind of cars that you have been doing, not the high end regulars at Pebble Beach.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/22/15 7:26 a.m.

Alfadriver,

We will be covering the glass work. As for putting out some how to's, assuming you mean videos, we are heading that way, but are still short staffed to add much right now.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QKkdnrQ1ETZdErPydTh6IATnDPy0eKP5Npo1qKieaH5c7jaNnQiEFcUJFz1kRYLh