1 2
LanEvo
LanEvo Reader
4/12/17 12:24 p.m.
maseratiguy wrote: When my neighbor first saw my '69 Giulia, he thought it was some Russian car. (I guess I don't blame him though, hahaha).

I had a girlfriend from the Czech Republic a few years back. She was with me when I was fawning over a buddy's freshly restored 2002tii. In the car ride home, she asked why I was so excited about an old Lada.

""

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/3/17 10:49 a.m.

Great article, the neighbor to the north of me has '66 spyder.... sweet ride. He also, from time to time, has all his buds show up at his place, so I get to see the entire production run in his circular driveway.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/3/17 10:57 a.m.

If you'll humor me, back in 1970 while pumping gas the local $hell station, a gentlemen pulls up to the pumps in a very metallic purple Meyers Manx. No VW bullet for him unh unh....Corvair turbo in the 'chamber' in search of vettes or what have you running down in the Rocky River section of Metro park. IIRC he said it ran mid 11's at the strip.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/3/17 10:59 a.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: As a guy who owns a Tornado Typhoon, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

With my Aurora and Bravada , I'll see you and raise you

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
5/3/17 6:02 p.m.

They supposedly imported 1805 of the Triumph 2000 but I can't say Id ever seen one in person before I bought mine. There are NO parts available in the US for this thing.

I've previously owned an E28 M5 and three 2.3 16v.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/3/17 9:38 p.m.

trucke, back in 1988 we had a long term FX-16 from Toyota and I drove it clear across the country to return it. Great car! We won a Pro Solo National championship with another one that year, or 1987.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
5/4/17 10:11 a.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: trucke, back in 1988 we had a long term FX-16 from Toyota and I drove it clear across the country to return it. Great car! We won a Pro Solo National championship with another one that year, or 1987.

I remember that Pro Solo win.. Chuck Noonan was in that hunt with his CRX.

Chuck was very curious about my car the first time I brought it to an event. Later on, he did a super job setting up my 'stock' suspension.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
5/4/17 10:27 a.m.

Lolololololololololol......

Could have also called it the plight of the rotary lover, Ive lost track of most of the negative comments to this point but there are those few people that pop up and are not obsessed with them like us few rotor heads but they get why we do what we do, thats what makes this community the best.

Great article sir, there are many that understand your plight and want to see you get it back on the road!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QsX6QZpLdIAX8JzGPT5Q1sKYzon9608wVtSz1P8hf4Gy3mQX3rWsUGZGKQFB2u1E