Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/19/21 3:12 p.m.
feature_image

What started as a swap meet has morphed into one of the largest and most diverse car events on the East Coast. Call it a bucket-list event for fans of imports.

This year’s features included the national Opel meet as well as a stunning turnout of Manx owners as they memorialized the life…

Read the rest of the story

sir_mike
sir_mike New Reader
5/20/21 10:40 a.m.

Your right Tim...not what it was years ago.I gave up going when they first starting letting the tuner cars in.The swap meet area used to go on for rows.Now you know how small it has gotten.And $40.00 to show your car....used to be $10-15.Maybe because I'm 68...

paulgraz
paulgraz
5/21/21 2:34 p.m.

As a long time subscriber, I am extremely disappointed in this article.  Volvo was the featured marque and you seem to have completely missed that fact, instead making it look like it was an Opel and Manx only show.  The truth is that the number of Volvos enthusiasts that attend this event every year, despite the way that Carlisle has ruined it by combining in the tuner crowd, far outnumbers the Opel or Manx groups in attendance.  And it was the 60th anniversary of the Volvo 1800 series of cars as well - with some very significant examples there on display.  It boggles the mind how you managed to go there and miss this obvious fact.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/24/21 5:05 p.m.

In reply to paulgraz :

Sorry about that. I was there, but was there but did miss that. The Opel folks reached out to me to let me know what they were up to and I did not see or hear anything from the Volvo Peeps. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dhRNfgQSsxAVH8h2oTPaxfjX0AadCg2wtENreGSjQdRyDQsrByiW96Z39NfIMKTI