1 2 3
TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/4/15 10:09 p.m.

Been kinda dead around here for awhile so lets turn this into a long term thread I'll start. BTW - I've forgot the name of this early 60's film, and the infamous guy who directed it. Anybody remember?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/5/15 8:55 a.m.

I'm not sure which movie this is......but judging by the girl, it's probably a Russ Meyer film.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/5/15 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Was Russ Meyer. Thanks for the memory jolt. The 356 looks like my old car minus the stripe. Can't remember the name of the movie.

Speaking of Hollywood, let's not forget Raquel Welch and her Mercedes.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/5/15 10:15 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Found it. It was called Faster Bob Costascat, Kill, Kill. Probably one of the cheesiest movies ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF_kuTd1xeQ

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/5/15 10:15 a.m.

I had a big crush on her in the early 80's. Total fox!

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/5/15 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin: Yes, for a young babe. Though they generally wash out in fifteen years or so. Check out Raquel. She's probably older than you and a whole lot hotter!

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/5/15 10:22 p.m.

In reply to Rupert:

Raquel was born in 1940 which makes her 74 yrs old now and 11 yrs older than me. But when I was in high school she was every teenage boys wet dream, including me. She was the main Hollywood sex symbol of the the mid 60's to early 70's.

BTW, she also owned a Ferrari

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/5/15 10:42 p.m.

In reply to Rupert:

But it wasn't her Ferrari photo that made her famous.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/6/15 3:41 p.m.

Both are nice shots. It seems those from the Med. hold up better.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
3/6/15 3:47 p.m.
TR8owner wrote: In reply to Rupert: Raquel was born in 1940 which makes her 74 yrs old now and 11 yrs older than me. But when I was in high school she was every teenage boys wet dream, including me. She was the main Hollywood sex symbol of the the mid 60's to early 70's BTW, she also owned a Ferrari

Ferrari? What Ferrari?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/6/15 4:57 p.m.

Very cool. I collect the cheesy car movie posters. Thought that one was Faster Bob Costas Cat, Kill Kill Kill

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/6/15 7:35 p.m.

Why won't this website use the "P" word? The name of the movie was Faster P-u-s-s-y-cat, Kill, Kill.

Here's another forget the girl and look at the car 356 poster for you Tim.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/6/15 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Gary:

"Ferrari? What Ferrari?"

At first glance I thought that it was a Fiat 124.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/6/15 7:55 p.m.

In reply to TR8owner:

And no Porsche/girl poster thread would be complete without Janis. Even if she did want the Lord to buy her a Benz.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/6/15 8:41 p.m.

At the risk of telling how old I am, I heard Janis live a couple of times when I was young and she was alive. She was a terrible singer. But she had a presence and energy you could never forget! I read a review of the recently deceased Joe Cocker which put him in the same league as Janis.

I won't use quote symbols because I don't recall the article exactly. But the premise was Cocker, like Joplin never let the fact they couldn't hit a specific note keep them from trying. And the screechy, raspy sounds each produced were more treasured than if they had sung a perfect Aria!

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/6/15 9:49 p.m.

In reply to Rupert:

I saw her on July 1st 1970 in the "Festival Express" concert in Toronto the summer I turned 19. That was the summer I was travelling in the other mentioned VW bus thread. I believe it was her last live concert. I would never ever say she was a terrible singer because she was on key that night, but I'll guess that depended on how drunk/stoned she was on stage or maybe how much I was that night. She was damn good that night from what I remember. The Club of 27. So sad.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/7/15 10:59 a.m.

In reply to TR8owner: It's not the staying on key part, I'm talking about. It's when she/he reach for a note way out of her/his range and it ends up sounding like a frantic screech. Her rendition of the words CRY BABY in the song of the same name are the sound I'm talking about. (Satch Carlson writing in Sports & Exotic Cars was where I first read the comparison of the two.)

BTW: In the early '60s I saw Sonny and Cher who were soon not allowed in pretty much every club in Orange County California perform live more than once. It's not how they did or didn't sound on any specific night that got them in trouble, it's how they smelled!

If you've spent much time in Europe during winter you probably can somewhat understand what I'm talking about. People in France especially, seem or at least seemed the winters I was there, to be allergic to soap and also loved to wear huge heavy fur coats indoor and out, so they sweat profusely in the usually overheated hotels, restaurants, etc. Rather than take a bath, they believe what perfume is for, is to cover up the natural smell! Or as Napoleon once said, (I'll paraphrase because I can't remember the exact quote.) I'll be home in a fortnight, don't bathe.

Sonny and Cher had the same idea in hot S. Cal. They didn't like to bathe and wore bear, moose, buffalo, whatever, pelts even on days where the temps hit the '90s. As if that weren't bad enough, the pelts Sonny and Cher liked to wear were not tanned! Yes, it was as bad as you would have expected!

850Combat
850Combat Reader
3/7/15 12:25 p.m.

My daughter in the Lotus 7. She loved that car. She climbed in on her own and would flip the toggle switches and things. I was happy to have her hanging out while I tinkered.

She is 23 now, and in Pharmacy school.

[URL=http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/Super-Seven/media/Lotus%20Seven/SydinLotus1yrold.jpg.html][/URL]

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
3/7/15 3:48 p.m.

I had a photo of my daughter when she was five in my TR4. Can't seem to find it. She's 30 now.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/8/15 8:56 p.m.

OK! What's the bike? I can't decide Royal Enfield,BSA, or Norton? I'm pretty sure it's 60's because of the single leading show front brake.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
3/9/15 10:07 a.m.

photo IMGP0367.jpg

photo IMGP0451.jpg

photo P3180094_zpshxhqvnsu.jpg

850Combat
850Combat Reader
3/9/15 5:29 p.m.

Holy crap, is that a BD series in a Morgan?

Leo Basile wrote:  photo IMGP0367.jpg  photo IMGP0451.jpg  photo P3180094_zpshxhqvnsu.jpg
Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/9/15 9:03 p.m.

Leo,

Great Pics! You are truly a blessed man! I bought a Go Pro Hero camera and booked a rental Ducati for a week on the Isle of Man.

But my wife fell while on the Queen Mary II, broke her hand so badly we had to return to the US and have her treated by some of the best hand surgeons in the world. So I now Have a Go Pro with nothing worth watching in memory. I'm hoping to do a few laps at Road Atlanta this spring to at least justify the purchase!

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
3/10/15 1:20 a.m.

Rupert, I thought you were going somewhere else using the go-pro and wife in the same sentence! LOL I hope her hand got sorted. Those are pretty complex things to fix.

850Combat, Indeed it 'tis. Its a real treat to be able to school a lot of new cars, and it sounds fantastic.

Leo

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/10/15 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Leo Basile:Luckily, We live within about five miles of probably the most renowned hand care specialty shops in the world. Kutz & Kleinert did the first whole hand transplants years ago.

Molly has had a couple of operations and it seems to be all coming together for her. Lot's of therapy and exercises!

Sorry to say, no exciting Go Pro filming has gone on outside or inside the house so far! I'm still hoping to do the Ducati thing on the Isle of Man, but it can't be this year.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cJ9M4dlWmgygVmqj9w8lmjCyswWAEeLAGpZjZbGbHMoUz6IXL486ubhIpl3QvHL6