oldtin
oldtin Dork
6/6/11 10:45 p.m.

AKA project Possum Bottom

Just thought I'd share a post on a ridiculous project I've started - bringing back a 1963 TR4 on a shoestring budget.

Shinsen774
Shinsen774 Reader
6/7/11 5:04 a.m.

You need to attend the Richmond Triumph Register Swap meeting in Richmond, Virginia Saturday June 11, 2011, to get parts. Richmond Triumph Register - Swap & Sell Meet, British and European, 1518 Willow Lawn Drive, Richmond Virginia. 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
6/7/11 7:43 a.m.

In reply to Shinsen774: I bet it's a good meet - but getting to Richmond would be a budget buster for me.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
6/17/11 9:24 p.m.

Where do you live? Im at the point in my TR resto that Im getting a lot of good parts that I dont want.

Leo

oldtin
oldtin Dork
6/20/11 9:25 a.m.

I'm near Chicago, but if you've got stuff, I'm interested. Right now the big bit I need is a right rear fender - or a ratty one with a good top section. Lower right front is a little cheesy, but I'm planning to bash out a patch for it. The left side looks good other than the sills. So far the suspension looks good. Brake and clutch masters are toast. I haven't turned the engine over yet, so I'm not sure what it really is yet.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
6/22/11 10:29 p.m.

Ok, My car and all spare body parts are in Cleveland OH. About 4 hours away for me. I do have very repairable sheet metal. Soon I hope to get the car, and Ill let you know. I also have a good early TR 4 frame, and drivetrain. If you got more time than money, we should be able to help each other out.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
6/24/11 12:46 p.m.

As I dig through the paint, the 50 years of wear and bruises are starting to show - so far only one fender was virtually untouched once I got below the paint. Another fender had been three different colors.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
6/25/11 9:10 p.m.

Every nut and bolt is putting up a fight in this car - it's chemical warfare time with fire added in too.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
7/3/11 9:50 p.m.

Started taking on the undercoating today. Compared kerosene, WD40 and heat - hands down, heat was the fastest. With a wood scraper, it was pretty easy on the paint underneath. I've heard cold/dry ice works well, but didn't have access to any today.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DthMHDfiBMB5TyutTStzv5PVHOulyjgq98BtQ16oilVdudk8phEYKfkF4Di7dYqi