Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/1/20 3:52 p.m.
feature_image

Our Elva Mk VI was missing both its original intake manifold as well as the twin Weber DCOE side-draft carbs that it once held. We had more work to do. 

First, we found the correct intake manifold at Michaels Vintage Racing. 

Then we needed carburetors, so we headed to our go-to source …

Read the rest of the story

Racerjiggs
Racerjiggs New Reader
5/2/20 11:40 a.m.

I run a small business buying , repaIring/ servicing Webers here in Nova Scotia. I have been racing with them for over 50 years . Right now I have a beautiful matched set of 50 DCO used on a full race Pinto 2.3, 2 WEber 40 DCOE (a 2 and a 92) . I very recently purchased a matched set of 32/36 DGV's mounted on a Truimph TR6 mounted on a pair Pierce intake manifold adaptors c/w all linkage. Once cleaned up and checked over will be sold on EBay. Always looking to purchase more Webers and parts Mikuni Ph44, Solex side drafts etc. All funds from this small  business go to payin* for my one bad habit- grassroots motorsports. Our website : www.elliottracingatlantic.com.   Just our story plus 2 great videos.                    Gerald Elliott.      Enfield , Nova Scotia

wspohn
wspohn Dork
5/2/20 2:07 p.m.

Hmm - I was just wondering if a Climax FPF engine would fit under there without an ugly hump......

Really nice job on the Weber refurb. Has your expert found the Spanish produced carbs to be inferior to the Italian ones?  Do you inted to run extended air filters or just trumpets?  Wouldn't want to do the latter at Thunderhill, but Laguna would be OK.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/12/20 8:43 a.m.

In reply to wspohn :

Haven't gotten that far, but as little as this thing will come out, I might risk jsut trumpets. They look so cool!

wspohn
wspohn Dork
5/12/20 12:39 p.m.

yeah - I run the intake trupets on the Twin Cam race car, but as I had removed the inner front fenders on the TVR fo access, I used filtron foam socks (they have an inner cage to keep them from getting sucked in) like they use on off road dune buggies etc.  They need to be changed every couple of seasons, though as the material will degrade.

Pushrod crossflow engine in TVR:

DOHC engine in same car before 'sock' fitment (sure looks better)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sGxolliOf4UFaytDh3FOkXbTI4xCaESGEOCnE1d8ieuAQkX6jDnltpgV5MArWcnQ