Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/7/20 10:16 a.m.
feature_image

According to the build sheet, our 1962 Elva Mk6 originally came equipped with Koni dampers at the rear and Armstrongs up front. 

When we bought our car, however, it wore a full set of Konis. Because we’ve had tremendous luck with Konis on both race and street cars over the dec…

Read the rest of the story

dougie
dougie Reader
4/8/20 11:49 p.m.

Sweet! Nice to have the same manufacture in business to do the rebuild on the original part.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/10/20 9:59 a.m.

In reply to dougie :

Yes, its pretty cool that they can tell you exactly what you have and make it like new again.

jr02518
jr02518 HalfDork
4/11/20 12:48 p.m.

What will you be using for the external "bump stops"?

rsikes
rsikes New Reader
4/12/20 9:08 a.m.

A shock dyno?  That would be interesting!  So my, bounce the corner of the car, method isn't comprehensive! 

Cool Stuff!   

What's the plan for the springs?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/13/20 1:39 p.m.

In reply to rsikes :

I have what I think are the original coils. I will make sure they are right, and if not, I have the specs for what should be original. I would then test the spring rates to make sure they have not failed and then test to see what adjustments need to be made. As they are simple coil springs, replacement should be pretty straight forward, as long ass I know what to ask for.

jsallee03
jsallee03
6/11/23 8:19 p.m.

Curious if the application is the same for my friends 1961 Courier MK2. We are having difficultly searching for replacement shocks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cGT6eEAbS1fxbaMJ9sUcQYHjT4y2mg2hcDrO13VYxpzTZc1qPrdC5uFqng5kbsE1