LanEvo
LanEvo HalfDork
3/19/18 12:59 a.m.

Just registered for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (PVGP) this upcoming 4th of July weekend. BMW is the featured marque this year and the PVGP will be run concurrently with BMW CCA Oktoberfest. I'll be running my 190E 2.3-16 in the BMW CCA Club Race group again.

Will any of you GRM/CM folks be there? Would love to get together. I may also have some pit/crew passes if anyone is in need.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
3/19/18 1:18 p.m.

Absolutely interested in this. 

For those who've never been to the PVGP it's a great time in a very cool city.  Though coming from Detroit I may need some recalibration!  The racing through the park is impressive and the car corrals in Schenley Park are loaded with interesting vehicles.   

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
3/19/18 3:15 p.m.

I will be there in some capacity, hopefully working a corner.  I live in Pittsburgh, so it's easy for me.  (Hit me up if you need to borrow tools or whatever)  If I am not working, a Pit Pass would be awesome! 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
3/19/18 3:16 p.m.

And that car makes all my DTM dreams come flooding back!  You need ballast?  You can zip-tie me in the car wherever you need.

ggarrard
ggarrard Reader
3/19/18 5:22 p.m.

We will be in town for the Kastner Cup Triumph events (http://www.kaskastner.com/kastnercup.html) July 6-8.  Not sure what our travel schedule is at this stage but unlikely that we will stay for the full week.  

Gordon

LanEvo
LanEvo HalfDork
3/19/18 6:34 p.m.
wawazat said:

The racing through the park is impressive and the car corrals in Schenley Park are loaded with interesting vehicles.   

PVGP now spans two weekends. The BMW CCA race is the first of them: 4th of July weekend it PIRC. The Shenley Park races are the following weekend.  

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/19/18 8:09 p.m.

I am planning on being at both race weekends!

Tom1200
Tom1200 HalfDork
3/20/18 12:05 a.m.

I'd love to race  PGVP, my wife has some relatives there but well it's 2150 miles one way so it's not likely to ever happen.

LanEvo
LanEvo HalfDork
3/20/18 9:44 a.m.
ggarrard said:

We will be in town for the Kastner Cup Triumph events (http://www.kaskastner.com/kastnercup.html) July 6-8.

I'll be there the same weekend.

Tim Suddard said:

I am planning on being at both race weekends!

Awesome! Which group will you be in? We should try to organize a mini GRM get together.

ggarrard
ggarrard Reader
3/20/18 7:04 p.m.

LanEvo... cool.... are you making plans to attend the VARAC festival at CTMP (Mosport) again this year too?

Gordon

LanEvo
LanEvo HalfDork
3/22/18 10:48 p.m.

Looks like the BMW CCA race group has already filled: 60 registered and a wait-list is forming. Hope I don't get bumped for running a non-Bimmer :(

ggarrard said:

LanEvo... cool.... are you making plans to attend the VARAC festival at CTMP (Mosport) again this year too?

I definitely want to run Mosport again, especially after my humiliating performance last season.

I used to be one of the "fast guys" at Mosport, which is one my my old home tracks. But I was way, WAY off my game. All I can say in my defense is that I hadn't turned a wheel on track in over 2 years, so I was rusty to start with. Then my ABS system failed in the first session. The brake balance was shifted so out of whack that the rear would lock up at each brake zone. Got so intimidated that I was just crawling through corners that I used to charge into. Forget about no brakes into 1 or full-throttle through 4. I was Bob Costasfooting around like an HPDE novice.

Not my finest moment.

OFracing
OFracing Reader
3/23/18 8:24 p.m.

I've got he Spitfire entered for both weekends. Looking forward to another the Kastner cup. Schenley Park has been on my bucket list for years but it always conflicts with an SCCA race weekend at the Glen. Got to do it this year, neither I nor the car are getting any younger.

mike h

dougie
dougie Reader
3/26/18 9:52 p.m.

Mike -

Have a great time and take some good videos for us on the West Coast.

elramaed
elramaed New Reader
4/2/18 7:43 p.m.

Been attending PVGP for many years - what a great series of events!  My MG has usually been in the British car show.  No trophies- it’s a road car!  Put the Sunday races on your bucket list.  You won’t be sorry

jburnash
jburnash New Reader
4/3/18 1:42 p.m.

I've been planning on going to this for years - but this year it's definitely going to happen for the Park race weekend.

I'd love to get together and cruise the pits.

Seeing as how I'm involuntarily on sabbatical from LeMons ... this would be a lot of fun!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/4/18 9:56 p.m.

Yes, a get together would be great! We will have a booth at both events. I have no idea what group I will be in yet, but do plan on racing both weekends if I can hold the old TR3 together.

Marty
Marty New Reader
4/9/18 6:32 p.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

I will be at PittRace with the Spitfire.

Marty

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lIMCmwdOmTorZC7oUT87T9tBIXGjYi4w6MyC8DUgckunefOH2Pd0UwfdUFPgBphN