tommyt73
tommyt73
6/16/08 9:24 a.m.

A friend has a '71 XKE V-12 Coupe that has been sitting in his garage for about 20 years. Aside from the usual rehab work, it needs the wire wheels rehabilitated. Does anyone know of a shop that can clean up/re-chrome and tune Jag wire wheels?

Jack
Jack SuperDork
6/16/08 9:57 a.m.

http://www.britishwirewheel.com/

NFI, but they were, at one time, a sponsor at a show I ran 8 years ago.

I bought a set of rebuilt wheels from one of thier employees. These wheels were destinied for his son's car, but the kid elected to go with mags. In the 8 years I've had them on the car, with some autocrossing, two are a tad out and need to be tuned, but overall, I'm very happy with thier work.

jack

Edit - I just looked at their site and I'm not sure they still rebuild wheels.

wetpossum
wetpossum New Reader
6/16/08 10:43 a.m.

It's almost more affordable at this point to buy new wheels than to have the originals re-done. You can buy a set of stainless Dayton's for ~$150 each, with a 3 year warranty and no rust, or you can spend about the same getting the originals rebuilt, re-chromed, and polished. Unfortunately, I think wire wheels have become regular replacement items.

tommyt73
tommyt73 New Reader
6/16/08 3:59 p.m.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I tried to call Dayton this afternoon, and the "Press 1 for automotive wheels" option rang 20-30 times wihtout answer. I'll try 'em again later.

Tommyt

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Reader
6/20/08 12:42 p.m.

Hendrix Wire Wheel in Greensboro NC.

beaulieu
beaulieu New Reader
6/20/08 4:21 p.m.

are new ones only $150 each ?

where ?

steved033
steved033 New Reader
6/20/08 7:19 p.m.

for real...the only daytons I've seen in replacement form are 1200 for the set.

sjd

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yBx4MLolYAVdbS34Dx9cr0rZyhIu5xnh73upUuD2EmfhF3z2MqOlCHmINfTL7GqS