GSCReno
GSCReno New Reader
4/5/09 4:25 a.m.

Hey, Tim, how 'bout a special issue dedicated to RWP submissions ??? I can only speak for myself, but RWP is always the first section that I turn to when my new issue arrives. Am I alone in this? I'm guessin' not. Cheers, Scott

gblawson
gblawson New Reader
4/7/09 5:39 a.m.

I agree... love RWP!!!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/10/09 4:15 p.m.

I don't know about a whole issue, but maybe a cover or feature story. I like that section too!

DneprDave
DneprDave New Reader
4/10/09 4:41 p.m.

One of my all time favorite articles in a car magazine, was in an old Road and Track, over thirty years ago, it was about a 1920 or '30's, winning, Grand Prix race car that was restored after being found in someones back yard, it had not quite survived a garage fire, its saving grace was that the engine wasn't seized and the frame was intact. It was restored using some of the craftsmen who built it originally. Some of those guys were in their seventies and eighties, but were still willing and able to do the work required.

The article had a lot of racing history, tales of scavenging for rare parts and short biographies of the old gentlemen who built it originally.

Maybe a similar article, with a 1960's race car could be done, a kind of Phoenix rising from it's ashes story, or a "Ran When Parked" with a happy ending.

Dave

VClassics
VClassics New Reader
4/10/09 5:27 p.m.

Does this count?

The Sebring Swede

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/11/09 10:17 a.m.

Dnepr Dave, cool idea

Keith
Keith SuperDork
4/12/09 11:24 a.m.

Talk to Frank Sprongl and Audi Canada about getting the Group B quattro back together for the 2008 Targa Newfoundland. I never talked to Frank about it, but rumor has it that he had to fly to Ingolstadt to get a new cylinder head made by the same magic elves that made the original one. Group B engines being a bit rare these days, you see.

59bugeye
59bugeye New Reader
4/12/09 2:23 p.m.

Tim, I too would love to see a special edition of RWP. It's the first section I read and by far it's my favorite.

VClassics
VClassics New Reader
4/12/09 2:41 p.m.

I guess I'm the odd man out here, but I usually skip over the RWP section. It's just plain depressing to see all those mostly unrestorable cars rotting away.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
4/13/09 7:31 a.m.

I like checking out the Ran When Parked submissions on the site to help feed my fix. Glad to see more of them are being submitted.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1qNPejYD8YirL6FXJK7W5pmjqRIm3tVni76WADc9AswL9jNBFeI6lDe3pC1WnQFa