Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
3/1/10 4:10 p.m.

Had a great time at the Chicago MG Club's Autojumble yesterday. saw tons of great parts, met some nice people and had the opportunity to talk with a ton of readers. Thanks for all that came out.

Some deals that I saw were a table covered with MGB/GT glass that was selling anything for a dollar, a lot of nice body panels including a NOS MGA right front fender still in factory packaging. Pretty cool stuff and theer was lots more as well.

I had some great finds while there as well. A copy of the book Austin Healey, the Story Of The Big Healey's signed by author Geoff Healey and the Austin Healey Sprite and MG Midget Restoration Guide signed by Donald Healey.

The best find of all though was that I now know the name of the guy who has the Bristol I covet and have the friend who knew him getting in touch with him this week at the Porsche show in L.A. on my behalf.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/2/10 8:19 a.m.

Cool stuff. Where was the show?

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
3/2/10 9:19 a.m.

in the Chicago suburbs, Wheaton Illinois at the DuPage county fairgrounds.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/2/10 9:56 a.m.

Thats near my where my girlfriend lives. I'm in Libertyville when not at school.

gjz30075
gjz30075 New Reader
3/2/10 10:43 a.m.

Andy, hoped you stopped by the Lotus Corps booth to say 'Hi'.

Usually, there's also a toy and model swap meet in the building next to the autojumble. Good stuff there, too.

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
3/4/10 3:47 p.m.

Yes I did get to Lotus Corps. I invited you guys to the Mitty. :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I2uw1R54L78HmvVLOIinBHuqJqmpBFMJg81DzQUGB4t5YI0uOi9HSSn3vpVW5kXi