Dino
Dino New Reader
1/16/13 8:28 p.m.

I've been reading auto magazines for at least 40 years, and "classic" car magazines for almost as long. However, your January issue Test Drive article about the 450 SLC was a first. Let me quote "It's a different car than the roadster - more of a true express coach than a rough-and-tumble sports car." That is the very first time I have ever read the SL roadster being described as a sports car, let alone a "rough-and-tumble sports car". Reminds me of my best friend who was driving his grandmothers mid 70's Nova while his MG was being rebuilt. We did a rally up the California coast in my TR6 and we had to stop every half hour so he could use the bathroom. Seems he had gotten a little spoiled with the comfy old Nova and his kidneys couldn't handle the "rough-and-tumble" ride of sports car! Sounds like the writer of this articles has gone a bit soft on the bottom, eh?

Rupert
Rupert Reader
1/17/13 11:31 a.m.

Yes I agree, and it's obvious the reviewer hasn't driven a late model Corvette lately either. A TR-6 has a smoother ride and nicer interior in comparison to a C-6.

All the SL roadsters around here seem to be driven by "trophy brides" anyway. Some, no most of these drivers, are now older "trophy brides." The younger ones are all in Escalades or Rovers & texting continuously.

bgkast
bgkast Reader
1/21/13 10:52 p.m.

That must make my wife a "trophy bride"

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
1/22/13 7:44 a.m.

Yep. For Grandmas only.

Rupert
Rupert Reader
1/22/13 9:26 a.m.
bgkast wrote: That must make my wife a "trophy bride"

Yes,

She is and so is mine, although mine drives a Honda Fit.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GcVdYmQaBy1p5eM3Zi4APHHArqZj49SfwMkkIBv9UnD8bcwotVuzpfRsyeuLQrR8