aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
9/1/11 6:14 a.m.

A few years ago, I started looking for a decent rebuildable 1275 for the race-Spridget. I went to my local craigslist and found it was cheaper to buy an entire car. Made sense too: I ended up with a 1973 Midget with a decent 1275 that also provided tons of spares for $250. I rebuilt that engine and it's in my race car right now.

So I've been thinking about the Austin A35 sedan that I'm building for racing. I had considered "sharing" my current 1275 between the Spridget and the Austin, but upon reflection, it seems like a pain to do that. So I went to my local craigslist again and found another $250, 1973 RWA Midget.

This one has 19,000 miles and the body is really solid. Good rockers, doglegs, etc. It's far nicer than a lot of Bugeye projects I see that are getting big dollars. It would be a shame to cut it up. So after I yank the 1275 out of it, I think I'll put in my spare 948 (from the A35) and make it a low-bucks driver. Honestly, I don't really need it; I already have a nice, street MGB. But considering it's costing me almost nothing, it'll be fun to have around.

Of course, that plan may change after I actually tell Linda I bought this thing (I hid the previous '73 Midget at our summer house and she didn't find out about it for two years)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qoPxmT4aLvhfnNVSEORtz8I0tsb1kIkL7joJ3lXN2NeiDgSUE2vkeHexrFtClAYD