André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
10/19/09 7:22 a.m.

Ever get the feeling someone is gunning for your toys?

boeingpilot
boeingpilot New Reader
10/19/09 8:51 a.m.

Yup, my 8 year old has had her eye on my 5.0 Mustang for some time now. Both my boys are more interested in my truck than the TR4A or the GT6.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/19/09 9:25 a.m.

Definitely. My wife tried to snake me on the 911.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t HalfDork
10/19/09 2:28 p.m.

If ever a picture told a thousand words!!

Very cute!

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
10/19/09 8:05 p.m.

And he's wearing a FIAT jacket. Shez.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
10/20/09 6:07 a.m.

Yes, and they are correct. My 15 yr old twin boys will be getting my '90 Civic si. Only temporarily, as I will get it back (if it survives) when they are done with it. They get their licenses 10-10, and we are just now getting started with a father and sons winter project to restore it. Should be fun, and I'm hoping that since they will have a hand in it, they may respect it and take care of it better also. Am I nuts to think this may work?

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
10/20/09 6:46 a.m.

Tommy and Co. can testify to this working.

I think its ideal to have a "project" car.

Something you don't mind the paint being mucked up on. Because dents and scratches will happen.

So when James is a little older we can wrench on the race car for sure.

A.

BoostGearDOTcom
BoostGearDOTcom None
10/20/09 1:51 p.m.
André Rousseau wrote: Tommy and Co. can testify to this working. I think its ideal to have a "project" car. Something you don't mind the paint being mucked up on. Because dents and scratches will happen. So when James is a little older we can wrench on the race car for sure. A.

My father helped me "somewhat" restore a 1972 chevy pick up from the time I was 14 until I turned 16. Then I had to beg to take it out on the weekends because he was afraid I would wreck it.

I sold it back to him when I went to college, so fear not, we aren't all bad kids!

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile New Reader
10/20/09 5:45 p.m.

Andre,

I never get tired of looking at pics of your GT-6. I couldnt help but notice your steering wheel. I may have an OEM steering wheel (9 out of 10) Ill give you if you want it...I just need to make sure I can find it.

Leo

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
10/20/09 6:06 p.m.

Thanks Leo. I have a stock one hanging on my wall at home.

A stock wheel is too big for me to fit into the car.

But I can add to my collection if ever cross paths.

A.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile New Reader
10/20/09 7:01 p.m.

Yup...Thats how I ended up keeping that one. Its a little on the big side!

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
10/20/09 7:36 p.m.

Little car

Really bad road!

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
10/20/09 7:36 p.m.

http://www.ovtc.net/09/1018/

A.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile New Reader
10/20/09 9:56 p.m.

Id think the "Tour Master" needs to be relived of duty. Be tied at the stake and watch as Colin What ever his name is...Subaru WRC driver, drives is car like a Subaru WRC racer!

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
10/21/09 7:24 a.m.

Yep. The tailing car reported sparks flying from my under belly!

OFracing
OFracing New Reader
10/21/09 7:33 p.m.

I lost my 70 spit to my youngest son. He was willing to work on it so I guess it's a fair trade off. At least he's away at college now so I get a chance to drive it until it snows. My oldest son laid claim to an 80 spitfire I brought home this spring, part of a package deal to get a Spit for my wife.

They both want the GT6, but that's mine.

mike

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
10/22/09 9:16 a.m.

Both of my boys(age 3,and 7) think my 74 Mazda REPU is theirs. When I spoke about selling it last year my oldest started crying,and begged me to keep it. How do you argue with a 6 year old about that? It is still in the garage.

My youngest sits in the REPU,and the RX-7,and moves the shifter around while making engine noises all the time. It is really cute,but I am worried he will be gear-head even bigger than me.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Reader
11/3/09 7:51 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Both of my boys(age 3,and 7) think my 74 Mazda REPU is theirs. When I spoke about selling it last year my oldest started crying,and begged me to keep it. How do you argue with a 6 year old about that? It is still in the garage. My youngest sits in the REPU,and the RX-7,and moves the shifter around while making engine noises all the time. It is really cute,but I am worried he will be gear-head even bigger than me.

Some of my first memories are of screwing around with my dad in his 72 Charger. When I was 17 he was going to sell it, I BEGGED,PLEADED, yes cried, till I convinced him not to sell it, I wasn't even really into cars at that time. I just knew I wanted THAT car. It's still sitting in my front yard waiting on me to restore it, I've gathered most of the parts to really get started on it, just looking for a decent set of fenders. Funny thing is, as soon as it's done it's going to the drag strip, an autocross then it's going back to him, he doesn't know it yet, I figure I owe my old man for sooo much, it's the least I can do for him, I know he's not gonna get to it any time soon. I've even started gathering parts for a 400ish horse 318 build, he "wants the original engine in it" so I figured another 318 donor with a "modern" 4 speed auto tucked where the old 904 sits will be a great improvement. Now if I can just work out a fuel injection system on the cheap and make it look like a carb, it'll be complete.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
11/6/09 6:29 a.m.

Not yet a classic, but Dad lost his 91 BMW 318 to me and I'm fearing that I'm going to lose it to my little brother. It happens, he knew it would.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HrfzRl8JZqjyTCOlrIZylY2zChqnRreklN6rop1XmveT5pYjv8g3Epmx82TAphBu