Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/5/15 12:57 p.m.
feature_image

We've decided on our Show Us Your Shop Contest winners. The decision was tough as we received hundreds of very impressive entries. We'd would like to thank everyone for taking part.

The winning workspaces will be featured in the July issue of Classic Motorsports. Look for their shop tips as well as…

Read the rest of the story

mdawley
mdawley New Reader
2/5/15 1:19 p.m.

Wow; impressive group. And I thought I was a contender - I was wrong!

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/5/15 1:26 p.m.

I'm sure you were a contender. There were so many great entries, it was very difficult to narrow it down to even a few in each category.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
2/5/15 3:04 p.m.

May I suggest respectfully that, if such a program be offered in the future, the prizes be awarded to people who could really use the storage / lighting / whatever solutions for spaces obviously lacking those things. The prize vendors would end up with some fantastic before and after shots and the prizewinners could be more productive in their now-remodeled spaces. I make this suggestion as a non-participant in the last contest so I'm not harboring any grudges. I'm sure there are many people out there wanting or needing these fine products who cannot spare the time and resources to improve their work areas. You could build some additional goodwill and really market some fine products as well.

kriba
kriba New Reader
2/6/15 9:06 a.m.

Jerry is correct. I tried to express much the same thing previously but he did it much more eloquently. Before and afters!!

genevamotorsports
genevamotorsports New Reader
2/13/15 9:31 a.m.

For future reference (just in case it becomes an annual event), I think CM should clarify the spirit of this contest. "Shop": a place where things are manufactured or repaired; a workshop. "an auto repair shop" synonyms: workshop, workroom, plant, factory, works, mill, yard; informal salt mine(s) "he works in the machine shop"

With the different demographics, "Show us your shop" may have been a better contest title for GRM. "Show us your museum garage" was more in spirit for this CM contest. Don't get me wrong, the winners have absolutely stunning garages and deserve their winnings. I guess I was hoping for more skinned knuckles and weld burns than bling.

thegreentreefrog
thegreentreefrog New Reader
2/13/15 1:30 p.m.

Advise from a wise old man that has forgotten more about cars than you can ever print in your Magazine.Don't run contests or promise things you can't deliver on time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dib5M5maY1riswS5WWJWKGcmc1KBBjwRVmlbQVgkprPUmzNCvGI8YtUWKxJ9WKXo