Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
7/19/18 7:13 p.m.

Hey Everybody,

We here at Autobooks-Aerobooks in presently-incendiary Burbank, CA, proud co-sponsor of the award-winning Grassroots Motorsports LIVE Wednesday webcast, have just received the long-awaited tome titled Skinner's Union - A History of the Skinner Family and the S.U. Company.

Like the title tells us, the book is a compendium of company history dating from about 1904 through the WWII years, including the family's direct involvement in racing.  At the very least you may have just learned what SU stands for.

We haven't tried a direct notice like this before and don't even know if it's appropriate but we're all pretty excited here so we couldn't wait for clearance!

https://www.autobooks-aerobooks.com/product/skinners-union-a-history-of-the-skinner-family-and-the-s-u-company/

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/20/18 5:12 a.m.
Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
7/20/18 12:27 p.m.

Thank you.  I forgot my photoberkit password.

stafford1500
stafford1500 HalfDork
7/20/18 12:33 p.m.

cool. I just had to explain the basics of SU's to a friend with a RHD Mini.

time to add this to my library...

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
7/20/18 5:05 p.m.
stafford1500 said:

cool. I just had to explain the basics of SU's to a friend with a RHD Mini.

time to add this to my library...

It's in a USPS Priority Mail box waiting for the mailman.  Thank you!

wspohn
wspohn Dork
7/21/18 2:44 p.m.

Unfortunate that aside from an appendix they decided to stop the tale in 1947, thus eliminating  all of the developments in the 1950s and later - the sand cast 2" Jag carbs and the Le Mans effort, the rare twin throat DU6 carbs etc.  It would have been so much more attractive if it carried the 'whole story'

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
7/25/18 6:15 p.m.
wspohn said:

Unfortunate that aside from an appendix they decided to stop the tale in 1947, thus eliminating  all of the developments in the 1950s and later - the sand cast 2" Jag carbs and the Le Mans effort, the rare twin throat DU6 carbs etc.  It would have been so much ore attractive if it carried the 'whole story'

I'm thinking it's ripe for a "Volume 2."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NKn1VBQVsyjzRI3XrzbD38paRLdObHhQcu7mh6rCQZ8Aaop0Tlc2IPo9wkhgAKaB