4 5 6 7 8
JAM_1964
JAM_1964
8/11/20 1:43 p.m.

1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 owned by John and Skye Moulton. Paul Anka offered to buy this car from us shortly after we bought it in 1976. It's never been off of the Monterey Peninsula since new. I rebuilt all the running gear. Alain Wood did the paint and retro styling. I was Pacific Grove class of '64, my wife was P.G. class of '66 and Alain was P.G. class of '69.

photos by Tony Prock

GOLFSHARRO
GOLFSHARRO
8/11/20 1:44 p.m.

Bluey the Boxster S, my special 50th birthday present that I have enjoyed ever since. Bluey has won us 18 Porsche Parade autocrosses, double FTD at Rennfest, and at least 13 state championship autocrosses.  Hard to believe the car is old enough to be a "Classic" but Porsche Classic says they already have 8400 part numbers for the 986. Keep them coming and we will keep the old Porsches on the road!

Props are a Porsche Parade Monterey T-Shirt, and a cap for the canceled 2020 Parade in Palm Springs.

Nancy McCroskey
Nancy McCroskey New Reader
8/11/20 1:47 p.m.

This is Iris, my trusty 1961 Bugeye Sprite.

This is not the most scenic corner in Pacific Grove by far, but she is parked where she has been for almost all of the Little Car Shows, while I work the registration table.  

My momentos are:

- my merchant award from the year Iris was featured in the show's logo

- a bottle of wine from Monterey county, symbolizing fun times with my Dad and good friends during past Car Weeks

- my merchant award from last year, when the famous autocrosser, Mary Pozzi, picked Iris as her favorite car in the show (!)

- my checkerboard mask, as reminder why we are virtual this year and hoping for a vaccine by next year

Thank you, Classic Motorsports, for putting on this virtual Drive-In!

philsgt
philsgt New Reader
8/11/20 1:48 p.m.

1974 MGBGT:  I have owned this wonderful car since 1998.  Am only the third owner, and plan to keep it and eventually pass it on to one of my children.  It has a weber carb., 5 speed transmission, minlite wheels and a recently redone interior, with Moss provided leather seat coverings, carpet, headliner and interior trim, all done by me.

The California connection is my continuing reliance on Moss Motors for all things MG.

Phil Simon, Wilkes-Barre, PA 

alfa1900
alfa1900
8/11/20 1:51 p.m.

I have owned my Alfa 1900 Super Sprint Coupe for over 50 years. I raced the car with VSCCA at Lime Rock and Watkins Glen in the 1970s and 80s, then restored it to concours condition. It has taken awards at several concourses, including Amelia Island. The picnic basket, jacket and hat are from the 1996 Pebble Beach concours.

JAM_1964
JAM_1964 New Reader
8/11/20 1:55 p.m.

Photos taken at last year's Pacific Grove Auto Rally. My barn find 1940 Ford Woodie and 1932 Ford Fordor. All three of the Woodie's owners have been long time Pacific Grove residents. It had been stored in a storage shed since 1976. The Fordor came out of a Wisconsin barn. John Moulton

rdhuffman
rdhuffman
8/11/20 2:02 p.m.

Well I could not find a prop from the 24 years that we have been attending Car Week, but I was there and included a picture of my TR250 and me smiley.   My wife and I will be leaving for Car Week tomorrow  morning even though there will be no car events.

Thanks for  hosting this show.

Rand Huffman

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/11/20 2:05 p.m.

Such great entries! Thanks everyone.

camidog
camidog
8/11/20 2:40 p.m.

I have inclided my 1969 TR6 which I have owned since 1980's. In the background is my 1972 Land Rover just because. I live near Monterey and have attended the car week events since the early 80's. My photography skills and lighting are not great, but on the trunk are T shirts from 1989 and 1995 Historic Automobile Races. I also included a few Classic Motorsports Magazines as props. My license plate frame is from British Motors of Monterey I picked up at an antique fair years ago. Long time subscriber. Big fan of Tim's Green 1969 TR6 that is often featured. In my car you will find my co-pilot Cami the Australian Kelpie. You guys are making this Virtual world a lot more tolerable. Looking forward to the next in person Car Week.

Chris Beechler
Chris Beechler New Reader
8/11/20 3:08 p.m.

Our '92 MX5 is mostly stock.  Great ride for the Michigan summers.
Just rolled 97,777 miles today. One of my granddaughters named her MiMi.
I entered her at the Mad Dogs & Englishmen show at the Gilmore in Michigan
a couple of summers ago. I was talking with a British car guy about how nice it was
to be allowed to display in their show. He replied they view the Miata as a cousin
to the Brit-sports car. "Some even call it the TR-9!" So cool.

DRobins59
DRobins59 New Reader
8/11/20 3:18 p.m.

Car is a 1991 Mazda Miata Special Edition British Racing Green which reminds me a lot of the back of my 1992 Monterey Historic Automobile Races T-Shirt Jaguar XJ-13!

wmbeckenbaugh
wmbeckenbaugh New Reader
8/11/20 3:33 p.m.

Shown here is my bare shell restored Polo Red 1966 Porsche 912 with 3 gauge dash. The car received a nut and bolt 100 % restoration completed in 2015. We have shown the car twice at the Werks Reunion in 2016 and 2018 receiving First and Third in SWB 911-912 class respectively. 

madhouse6421
madhouse6421 New Reader
8/11/20 3:40 p.m.

Here is my 1958 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 pictured at Red Rocks Ampitheater in Morrison, Colorado with the Golden Gate bridge comically superimposed in the background.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/11/20 3:48 p.m.

Wow, some seriously cool cars here. Thanks for sharing, everyone. 

Jerry356
Jerry356 New Reader
8/11/20 3:56 p.m.

1967 Porsche 356SB 

Props are from Pebble Beach 2013 and 2018! I'm from Denver, Colorado. 

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
8/11/20 3:58 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Wow, some seriously cool cars here. Thanks for sharing, everyone. 

Just when you think it can't get any better........the hits just keep on coming!

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
8/11/20 4:00 p.m.

Here is my car,

'96 M-Edtion, 20k orig Mikes all orig, except wheels and fluids) all vin tags intact, leather seats are treated twice a year with Leatherique. 

Steve in Fremont CA

wmbeckenbaugh
wmbeckenbaugh New Reader
8/11/20 4:03 p.m.

Here is my rare 1964 BMW700 Coupe, bare shell nut and bolt restored from 2010-2019 in original orange with a black leatherette interior.  The 700 cc BMW cycle derived engine bolts to a 4 speed transaxle coupled through rubber couplings to the 12 in wheels and tires, producing 30 HP. Swing rear axles are a BMW first and a coil over lever arm unique front suspension. I joined the BMW Club at the Weathertech Raceway members tent in 2018 during the Vintage Races and got the nifty bag.

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
8/11/20 4:06 p.m.

Thank you Tim Suddard for posing with my son and I ( Steve Smith ). Yes, that truly is my name. Last years kick-off @ Monterey.

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
8/11/20 4:08 p.m.

Thank you Tim and Family for hosting this virtual kick-off. 

gstidsen
gstidsen
8/11/20 4:13 p.m.

For me California has always been about cars, culture, and music.  This time of Coronavirus is surreal as foretold by Jefferson Airplane - bless their pointy little heads!  Thanks to the sponsors of this very cool virtual curise-in for allowing me to share my 73 Alfa Romeo GTV2000 from faraway Massachusetts with the readers of Classic Motorsports.  This car was delivered new in Claifornia and spent the next 25 years there until I acquired her in 1998.  A full restoration was completed in 2005 with many period correct engine and suspension performance modifications.  A true road and track car with may AROC (Alfa Club) event trophies over the years.  This car has been well loved for many years and still makes me smile every time she roars to life.

Greg Stidsen  

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
8/11/20 4:16 p.m.

My son is a big fan of Classic Motorsports.

I have pics of him readin the Classic MotorSports and GrassRootsMotorSports ( GRM ) in his crib. 

He wanted a pic in front this 914.

I managed to acquire a project '74 914 (2.0  with 911SC Hubs, brakes and wheels ).

He wants to build it when he gets older. Lucky for me the 914 lived its life in Nor Cal and was parked indoor since 1980.

DRabold
DRabold
8/11/20 4:22 p.m.

There's nothing like driving this with the top down in the summertime!

Imaircooled
Imaircooled New Reader
8/11/20 4:22 p.m.

Nancy McCroskey
Nancy McCroskey New Reader
8/11/20 4:23 p.m.

This is my 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV, parked in front of the Folktale Winery today.  My Dad & I attended all the Cruise-ins held at the winery.  My momentos include an ad for the 4th Cruise-in, with a picture of the front of my car in the bottom right.   And a mask, because it's 2020.  Also a die cast model of a Lancia Aurelia, my Dad's favorite car of all time.  Our "shoulda coulda woulda" car!

Dad could still get in & out of the Alfa when the pandemic hit.  I am hoping he gets more rides in it next year.  True story . . . we're in the Costco parking lot and I've just tucked him into the front seat and hoisted his walker into the back seat.  The guy next to us has helped his handicapped wife into their van and says, "Look, honey, his walker fits in the back.  We could get an Alfa!" . . . to her credit, she laughed.

Thanks so much for this virtual car show - it would be a very fun regular event with a different theme each time!

- Nancy, in Monterey CA

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hKyEB0fUuc3P8yiZW4yYxwO4188tLBdphmFPuH8tJXLGT7XDSsMLvCljaVONTfLs