The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
1/9/19 12:24 p.m.

This article is from a past issue of the magazine. Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published, and get access to our full digital archive, by subscribing to Classic Motorsports. Subscribe now.

We asked, you answered. Over the summer we invited our readers to nomin…

Read the rest of the story

GLK
GLK New Reader
1/9/19 3:32 p.m.

As the owner of a rust free Alfa Romeo GTV6 (yeah, I know it’s hard to believe) I am delighted to see these great cars being acknowledged as classics. The mechanical issues that were their Achilles heel when new can be cured today with modern head gaskets, timing belt tensioner, sealants, etc. I’ve found shifting the rear transaxle is no worse than shifting gears in a Porsche 911 of the same era. My Alfa has been trouble-free and fun to drive with great V6 sounds and terrific handling. Their racing provenance is equally impressive winning multiple championships in European Touring Car and Group A Rally. On the street I’ve gotten thumb’s up from young and old alike. Its time to start enjoying these great cars before they’re gone and/or prices become prohibitive.  

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
1/10/19 8:21 a.m.

GLK,

I have spent time in GTV6's and they are very sweet cars.

crackie
crackie
1/10/19 4:15 p.m.

How about posting a picture of the GTV6 cited in the article?  Seems like everything else got a picture.

To me Alfa GTV6 is "next in line" of the Italian transaxle cars.  It handles, sounds and perfoems so well, but is really among the few (only?) affordable Italian cars with such sophisticated engineering.

GLK
GLK New Reader
1/11/19 1:55 p.m.

Here's mine. 1986. Original paint and interior. Matching numbers. 36,000 miles. Sharp eyes may notice the black rear license plate surround is missing. That's because the fiberglas deteriorated with age and I was having it restored when the pics were taken. Also, the steering wheel is a MOMO Indy, Ansa Exhaust. Things that need attention are, the air conditioning has a slow leak and the door weatherstripping by the rocker panel is a little chewed up. Beyond that it needs nothing. All necessary mechanical work was done to enhance reliability, and I've recently installed an Alpine Bluetooth Stereo exactly like the one that comes in a new Alfa Romeo 4C. Love this car!!

GLK
GLK New Reader
1/11/19 1:57 p.m.

GLK
GLK New Reader
1/11/19 1:57 p.m.

russellsifers
russellsifers New Reader
3/8/19 1:43 p.m.

Favorite Race Track = Lake Garnett which is an historic ghost course on which I gewt to run my 1949 MG TC each year at the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival in the Historic Group and give VALOMILK Charity Rides to children (and adults) at death defying speeds (60 MPH).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wO8usiOhbvAidSAHg7BaV3JjB4QLnLiMHlCRuXVOKvKNYqP6sh7HdyRgjfzo5SZD