Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/14/21 11:15 a.m.
feature_image

Twenty-five years ago, the first-generation Boxster went on sale, and quickly became a sales success that was largely credited with saving Porsche following a downturn in sales of its front-engined models.

Powered by a flat-six engine mounted in the center of the car instead of the rear, the …

Read the rest of the story

rustriddenB
rustriddenB New Reader
1/14/21 4:10 p.m.

QUICK ! Let me withdraw nearly $100,000 from my bank account...Ah, No. Maybe $25k for a nicely restored MG A or B. Just another stratosphericly priced Porsche. I know someone with a GT3 just sitson a lift. Never driven. Will this Boxster end up like that?

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
1/14/21 8:54 p.m.

Will this come with the optional IMS fix in place, for an additional $25,000, in various designer colors?

johnorm
johnorm New Reader
1/14/21 9:05 p.m.

Maybe I'm just getting old but $100k for a Boxster seems a little high compared to the base Boxster priced at $65k. You have a fair number of quality competitors at $100k, for example a base 911 is $100k. For $100k I personally would go for a low mileage 2009 or later Boxster S and a nice air cooled 911SC . I probably would have some money to spare.. That's just me.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/15/21 8:07 a.m.

In reply to johnorm :

I hear you on that one. I think this Boxster is perfect for someone who really wants to be seen in something exclusive, but I'm with you that for that amount of money, I'd be looking for what I could get lightly used.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
1/15/21 11:50 a.m.

Wonder if this one also comes with a find-the-engine feature where the owner can't even see the engine without  dismantling the car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCpiWmqC_6k&feature=emb_logo

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F7ronKhtJTUvW7AV5RezfbnkSftig6UkjMyWuM08MG641OKkmbzc5H3kGTW82xUP