Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/8/14 9:34 a.m.
feature_image

We started rushing work on our Tornado Typhoon project car. We knew for sure that if we were missing anything, we would likely find it at the Carlisle Import swap meet. Good thing we did. When we compared pictures of our Tornado to those in a book that we found, we realized our lights were all wrong. That said all wrong—when it comes to building a special—is up for some debate. But in all the pictures we had, the taillights consisted of Lucas “Beehive” tail, brake and turning lights. These would prove to be easy to find, as they fit many British cars from the fifties and early sixties.

We also needed to find some more appropriate turn signal lamps up front. Again, our car had been built originally, or modified along the way, with some tacky turn signal lights up on top of the fender. We needed “Beehive” lights mounted in front of the headlights.

While we couldn’t find much in the way of English Ford parts, we did find all the lights we needed, as well as some great, shallow boxes to stack parts in as well as a few other trinkets.

Get all the latest of our classic projects in your mailbox six times a year. Subscribe now.

Read the rest of the story

Our Preferred Partners
uUA3CCJkJm3li8X4Ogq6RjR99ZXRUsmo3TEnNrRi6JFtrkJse1HROVbegMfcUzCH