Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/18/08 7:36 a.m.
feature_image

During our restoration we found a set of LAT 9 “pie cutter” factory Tiger wheels. During the car’s production, there were two factory alloy wheels to replace the stock 4.5-inch steel wheels and hubcaps. The aforementioned “pie cutter” mags were by far rarer, but they were also only one-half inch wi…

Read the rest of the story

ptonizzo
ptonizzo None
10/16/08 1:23 p.m.

How much trimming did you have to do to the front valence? I'm curious what the BEFORE/AFTER look like. thanks,

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/18/08 7:23 a.m.

We bent the lip in and trimmed about half an inch off of it. Every car will be a little different, depending on what size tire and even more importantly, what size and offset wheel you use. Put your tire and wheel combo on the car (on both sides), turn the wheels full lock, both ways, and see where it fouls. You can trim as needed. Remember, the suspension moves not only up and down, but forward and backward a bit, so allow for this and trim a little extra.

ptonizzo
ptonizzo None
10/22/08 3:21 p.m.

Thanks, Tim. My car has the lip bent in on the passenger side about 1/2". Odd, but at least now I know why it was done.

Series6
Series6 Reader
2/25/09 3:57 p.m.

Tim,

I'm doing V6 swap on my 66 Alpine (doesn't everyone need 2 V6 Alpine's?) and now, due to the 11" Wilwoods I just installed, need 15" front (and rear) wheels/tires. I am running 5 lug hubs front and back.

Body is straight but unprimed/unpainted so this cme at a good time. I was wondering what changes I'd be facing. Thanks for the information.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GVkuiW1aF1AiC859JxXIjO0XHba9pmDpo9j1SuwLaXp5Cmv0q8UpWTiX7ZHiyuTx