Bryan
Bryan
2/28/08 12:42 p.m.

Looking at the posts of Joe's TR6, which is way cool by the way. If that rust was started by scratchs and/or bangs how do people do that is such dumb and/or weird things? Sometimes I wonder if people buying sportcars/performance cars should at least take a test so they know what they are buying and will give them the (maybe)extra TLC they need. Both my X1/9 and Miata weren't abused just neglated and it took awhile to correct.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/29/08 9:38 a.m.

Thanks for the encouragement with the TR-6!

It always makes me sad when you see a special car that is being neglected. It is almost like going to the pound....you just want to take the car (puppy) home, and bring it back to health.

It is amazing that some folks don't even wash their "special cars". Keeping a car clean can go a long way in helping to preserve it.

The "Worlds Grossest Miata" that I own, was a completely neglected car when I bought it. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/news/category/project-cars/other-cool-cars-hanging-around-the-grm-world-headquarters/worlds-grossest-miata/

It has taken a bunch of scrubbing, and care to make it into a decent driver. Now, I don't worry about needing a penicillin shot to drive it!

some people :evil:

racerdave600
racerdave600
2/29/08 10:30 a.m.

I hear ya...I have a habit of getting neglected cars only to fix them up and get them to better homes. Sometimes I do it without even realizing what I'm doing.

My latest are a 240Z and a '91 BRG Miata. I bought the Miata from the son of the original owner. He left in a cabinet shop where someone backed into it with a forklift, cracking the bumper, and it was never washed after being covered in wood chippings. It looked terrible, and didn't run any better. It supposedly had a new timing belt, but I found one cam off a tooth, the other off two teeth. They just ran the timing way up to make it run. By the way, Miatas will run when they really shouldn't even start. Amazing.

Now, tons of engine maintenance done, new suspension, new header and exhaust (the cat was mounted backwards by the way) seats recoverd, and new stereo, its starting to look much better. The paint shop is next.

Hopefully I'll keep this one for a while, but your TR6 is reminding me why I always loved my TR4.

Which car would go to make room, the Miata, 240 or 944?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t8sohKb0ObRHVG6Te4YpDW17sJMYtyZvjkv87PDIgLzLbBXJEM0F1jPhZ8VW71tR