Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/12/14 11:52 a.m.

Like a race, a concours is just another type of competition. It helps if you go in prepared and aware of the ground rules. We’ve been on both sides of the judging game many times at major and minor events: Amelia Island, Radnor Hunt, Hilton Head, Porsche Parade and more. But there are two guys who…

Read the rest of the story

Cosworth1
Cosworth1 New Reader
9/30/14 5:59 p.m.

Good article. And the best advice is given at the very beginning of it, and at the very end. Go to these events to exhibit your pride and joy, and to have a great time. It's an honor just to be invited to one of these events to begin with, don't ruin it by taking things too seriously at awards time.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
2/3/16 11:12 a.m.

I agree with Tim McNair about keeping your black, tire's etc., black. Look at both pictures in this article the tires are black, they are not shiny black, they are just black.

I can't tell you how many great cars I've seen ruined at show because the presenter thought all the rubber should be shiny! Just because a used car lot markets shiny tires, doesn't make them correct.

And yes, if you have the original window sticker, tools, manuals, etc. show them!! You don't need a big sign board, just place them where they show. You're already a few steps ahead of many in the pack!

ronbros9
ronbros9 New Reader
2/3/16 4:21 p.m.

i was at the 1st Amelia show, didnt see Grassroots tho!

but it was a very classy affair.

gjz30075
gjz30075 HalfDork
2/4/16 5:32 a.m.

Although Tim S. wrote this two years ago, it was timely for Rupert to 'pop this to the top' again for the start of the season and necessary preparations to begin.

Sput
Sput Reader
2/5/16 5:24 p.m.

http://flatsixes.com/cars/for-sale-cars/the-full-list-of-cars-from-the-seinfeld-collection-released/

Rupert
Rupert Dork
2/6/16 10:30 a.m.

In reply to gjz30075:

Yep, the early birds are already hard at it! At my age, hard at it no longer exists.

Funny for whatever reason I didn't ever read that article before.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
2/13/16 7:13 a.m.

I just got asked to bring the Mini that we just finished, to the Keeneland Concours.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WdQ1J3Ce4EQycnUbcWtaQQsoJeniluURNOc4ijb22BEhIgZ0DxV2FwWdyXDMAAi0