The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
1/28/22 3:41 p.m.

Sponsored Content Presented by Sunoco.

Back in the day, pump fuel was just meaner. It had higher octane, the lead craved by the day’s engines, and a smell that meant business. Everything was better then, right?

Sunoco even operated its Custom-Blended pumps from 1958 through 1972, allowing c…

Read the rest of the story

Toebra
Toebra Dork
1/28/22 6:30 p.m.

I don't care about the gasoline, tell me more about that car.

sir_mike
sir_mike New Reader
1/28/22 7:25 p.m.

Bring back some leaded gas foe us older car owners.Sell it in seperate pumps at selected stations.

Coupefan
Coupefan Reader
1/29/22 10:35 a.m.

There will always be a contingent of individuals who believe anything older is better than something more modern, even in the face of always advancing and improving science, that clearly tells us we were pretty 'knowledge stupid' and engaging in bad or dangerous practices (the more we know, the more we know how badly our ancestors screwed up).  In the case of 'old' gasoline, they're perfectly willing to bring back blends that at the time we completely clueless to how toxic and unhealthy they were.  I suppose they're also the people willing to bring back blood letting and leeches as well in place of modern medicine.  

dvenm3
dvenm3
1/29/22 11:24 a.m.

Another great reason to live in Montana, I can go up the road nearby and buy 110 leaded racing fuel at a public pump. 

RadBarchetta
RadBarchetta New Reader
1/29/22 11:50 a.m.
sir_mike said:

Bring back some leaded gas foe us older car owners.Sell it in seperate pumps at selected stations.

Free cancer screening with every fill up!

Desertdog51
Desertdog51
1/29/22 11:56 a.m.

In reply to Toebra :

Looks like a Lotus something or other - maybe an earlier Elva ?

Sonett323
Sonett323 New Reader
1/29/22 2:18 p.m.

Looks like a Lotus Elan Coupe Maybe a series 3

pharriso
pharriso New Reader
1/30/22 5:39 p.m.

In reply to Toebra :

It's a Lotus Elan Plus2, a 4 seater rather the smaller Lotus Elan which came in Series 1 -4 & Sprint guise.

MarkT_TB
MarkT_TB New Reader
1/31/22 5:22 p.m.

the new detergents may be great, but the ethanol is not friendly to old cars - it absorbs moisture, forms sludge, and generally makes a mess of carburetors and rubber hoses.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OnJPuB0KYFev218ZMvkJMclv1ePKFpQKGw93yChVrbcSGKKy4bUqGMq9o68IM9ai