Johan Dillen
Johan Dillen
6/16/22 3:41 p.m.

That’s an M1 radiator he’s kicking out of the way. Correction: That’s an M1 Procar radiator. 

And over there is a turbocharger for a Group 5 M1 that seems to have taken on a temporary function as a doorstop. This place is mind-blowing. 

Everywhere you look, parts have …

Read the rest of the story

apexdc
apexdc New Reader
6/17/22 5:55 p.m.

Unspeakably cool!  I was lucky enough to drive an M1 for Don Walker in IMSA, at Riverside and Daytona. It was the peak of the mountain for me. Just an incredible car. The Mustangs and Camaros were starting to make so much power in GTO class that they let us run a rear wing and big splitter. We were making close to 500 hp and there wasn't any way to make more power without turbos. They had also pulled a couple of hundred of pounds off it by IMSAizing it. IMSA allowed more modifications than the FIA did. 

It would readily pull with a 935 to about 130 where the additional power of the 935 would come into play. They were in a higher class, so it really didn't matter much.   

Chuck and Tommy Kendall raced one, as well in that period. I think there were only 3-4 at the most that were raced in the US. 

My hat is off to Fritz!  He called it right, for sure!  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
acgcIaTcr9kkx8JEZbDZhr5n7V9twUVQqwGisiTBiINL4PjinNO52pRCenM8aLJZ