David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/23/10 9:57 p.m.

We just got some new neighbors diagonally across the street. When I came home this evening, their garage door was open. I think I caught a glimpse of a Mk 2 Jaguar inside.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
6/24/10 6:50 a.m.

We just moved.

Diagonally, across the street we now have a '62 Corvette. I'd prefer a Mk Jaguar, but still, pretty nice.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
6/24/10 6:54 a.m.

I have 17 next door neighbors. Yes, you read that right. The most interesting vehicle any of them has is a Buick LeSabre. David, as far as your neighbor goes, pictures or it doesn't exist!!!!

stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
6/24/10 7:27 a.m.

All my Tiger has for neighbors on our street is a MGB that's been wasting away under a blue tarp for 3 years, a partly assembled drag car, same deal on the tarps, and a nice looking Morris Minor that is driven from time to time. The Porsche guy wimped out and sold both the race and street cars, and bought some dinky little economy thing.

Stu

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
6/24/10 8:41 a.m.

A house just sold in my neighborhood (yes, in this economy) and I'm awaiting and hoping for somebody with car interests to move in.

rconlon
rconlon HalfDork
6/24/10 9:35 a.m.

Across from me he owns a 197? Yamaha 350 motorbike and a more modern BMW 750.

Cheers Ron

LaurentGT6
LaurentGT6 New Reader
6/24/10 12:18 p.m.

In front of my house I got about 20 holstein cows. lol.

Laurent N

Triumph GT6+ 69

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
6/24/10 12:51 p.m.

When we move in to the new place I promised my wife I'd stage the move in of the FIAT and the GT6 over a span of 2 weeks hehe.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
6/24/10 1:28 p.m.

mk 2 nice

Series6
Series6 New Reader
6/25/10 12:27 a.m.

Used to have an MGB under wraps around the corner but it disappeared a year or so ago. Not to much farther around the block is a fellow who races a Fiat X1/9..... He also has a beautiful white X1/9, a equally beautiful red X1/9, a Brava, a 2000,...How many is that? He's go a total of 6 Fiats....

Two houses down from me are 3 pre 1973 Dodges.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/25/10 12:40 a.m.

We have a few other neat cars in the neighborhood, including a nice MGA. During a recent bike ride I noticed an early Mustang convertible in a garage. Most of the front sheet metal was missing, however.

racerdave600
racerdave600 HalfDork
6/25/10 8:33 a.m.

Besides mine, the most interesting car in my neighborhood is....well...there aren't any. How many Suburbans and Camrys are allowed on a block anyway?

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
6/25/10 9:24 a.m.

Well, I guess we do have a couple. There's a late 60's chevy truck and a '71 Mach I mustang fertilizing weeds two doors down. They've both been sitting there for at least 10 years. Our town has a junk car law that requires all vehicles to have current registration, and these two do - go figure. The guy across the street from me has a '70 Dart swinger, but he won't talk to me because my cars aren't mopars. Then there's a guy down the road that has a '69 Mustang coupe, but he also doesn't associate with me, apparently because my Mustang is a fastback. Maybe I'm just a jerk or something.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
6/25/10 1:34 p.m.

Sadly, no one on my street has anything simultaneously cool and automotive. My neighborhood in general has quite a few interesting cars, though. I must be in a far orbit from wherever the center of the action is. Wow, thats new.

stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
6/25/10 6:45 p.m.

A friend has an interesting vehicle in his neighborhood. Or should I say lawn ornament. It’s a first generation Audi Quattro, bright red and looking fine, from 50 feet away, anyway. It hasn’t moved in the three years we’ve walked past it on the way to a beach in costal Massachusetts. Close up, it is clearly going downhill fast. The salt air and overhanging pine trees are taking their toll. The word around town is that it was stilled by the owner’s unfortunate choice of beverages before trying to drive home.

boeingpilot
boeingpilot New Reader
6/25/10 7:36 p.m.

Prius to the left of me, Smart Car to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with my TR4...

Series6
Series6 New Reader
6/26/10 12:25 a.m.
boeingpilot wrote: Prius to the left of me, Smart Car to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with my TR4...

You need to move to a better neighborhood....

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/26/10 12:06 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: mk 2 nice

Karl, your place always has something tempting. I'd love a Jag like that at some point.

pjr300
pjr300 New Reader
7/11/10 11:10 p.m.

Nothing on my block at all!!

However, a nice C2 vert on the next block as well as a 50s Chevy pickup resto-mod. Black after that has a Super Performance Cobra. I know there's a Ferrari in the sub on the following block, but have't seen a good look.

Of course, the guy in the sub across the street owns the original George Barris MonkeyMobile from the 6os TV series. It's way cool!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nFwbq62CNPbr6NpKtNIZCU2u4m0OW42mX4Frbk3WvVd8dge4Qfi8yLN2UXYoMDIQ