robert123
robert123 New Reader
8/12/08 11:46 a.m.

What are "original miles" and how do they differ from other kinds of miles? for that matter, what other kinds of mies are there?

rconlon
rconlon Reader
8/12/08 12:07 p.m.

The miles in kilometers. That other 99,999.9 miles before the odometer flipped to zero.

Cheers Ron

TR3only
TR3only New Reader
8/12/08 12:41 p.m.

Or, another way to look at it....those were the miles BEFORE we swapped out the speedometer, or engine, or "laundered" the title, or.....

I've seen ads on some boards that list an obviously not new car has having either "0" miles, or minimal miles....like, say, 2,500. Often, a car advertised like that is listing the miles since the engine was replaced.

twentyover
twentyover New Reader
8/15/08 11:26 a.m.

Original Mile? Maybe = statute mile, as opposed to nautical mile, which is a fake mile?

Or the other guys could be right

Rev.Bubba
Rev.Bubba New Reader
8/15/08 12:14 p.m.

What is appropriate route to take with rebuilt/restored automobiles?

Would it be fair to rest my old gauge to 0km sense the whole car is getting a frame up, even though there is no frame on a 500?

I may even be replacing the gauge i got with a cleaner one that is not so faded by the sun.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile New Reader
8/18/08 6:22 a.m.

I belive that "original miles" are before somesort of "restortation". Its not uncommon for aircraft to have there time zeroed after a trip to the rebuild shop. Again, I dont think I would say that the A/C had 0 orginal hours after a rebuild. So even after a car gets a total profesional body off, ground up...the orginal miles stops there.

Leo

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gr49jchqzCOg3NWoNOhIllL9jVzvbPVDULeMrF3JJm9MaOCdzTZpGjzqfuEl8tMF