Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
9/30/13 9:01 a.m.

track t roadster.

need something with no roof.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
10/1/13 9:16 a.m.

There are a bunch of cars I wouldn't kick out of bed, but a TR2, 3 and maybe a 4 is the one that really gets my attention. I've let couple slip out of my hands in the past couple of years that I regretted.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
10/1/13 10:12 a.m.
RHCorley wrote: The elusive 'affordable' Alfa project...

In my case, the elusive 'affordable' '69 Charger project...

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/1/13 2:18 p.m.

Actually, what I'm hunting for is a buyer for my '65 Mustang.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
10/1/13 2:24 p.m.

I'm always on the hunt for a driver 65 Riviera in the right colors for the right price.

I also want a nice vintage wagon, but only if it has a 3rd row seat, and fake wood trim on the side is a big bonus.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
10/2/13 7:15 a.m.

That Mustang would be on my bucket list. I would probably ruin it with some brake and suspension upgrades though. The wife had 66 hardtop with 289/4V and 4 speed. Very pretty, but not a great driving experience. Drum brakes should have gone out of style years earlier.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill HalfDork
10/2/13 12:59 p.m.

Alfa parts.

Some day I'll be looking for my E-Type. Series 1 (with the toggle switches, inline-6, and covered headlights) clad in "British Racing Green".

oh dear, there I go again...

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
10/7/13 2:02 p.m.

An early Fiat 600 (or just the body shell, really) to replace this one:

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
10/7/13 4:23 p.m.

Im looking for things to flip. Going to pick up an 02 prius with battery issues for $700 later tonight and try to fix and flip.

As for cars for me, i was looking for a Prius for Kambri but then we found one and bought it, 07 w/210k for $4500 so that's done.

I honestly want to get rid of stuff more than i want new stuff but i am trying to trade something (anything!) to my friend for a 5spd/4wd tbi Loyale Wagon he has.

As for actual stuff that is on my list and not just an 'opportunity buy', i am interested in a Boxster S, Ferrari Mondial, and Maserati TC (seriously.. but im not willing to pay much!). Need to get some other life goals out of the way before i go buying anything over 10k 'just because', though. I have plenty of cool stuff sitting around already that need lots of attention.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/7/13 10:46 p.m.

Lotus Elan Series 1 or 2, Morgan +4 with Triumph power, Alfa Giulietta. Should have bought all of these when they were cheap. I also want to build a vintage ramp truck, with modern amenities, to take cars to events with. Please talk me either into this or out of this, so I stop shopping eBay.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior New Reader
10/7/13 11:28 p.m.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior New Reader
10/7/13 11:29 p.m.
NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
10/9/13 8:48 p.m.
motomad1 wrote: Volvo P1800, a Sportwagon would be icing on the cake

Look whats happened on the way to the funny farm...

I did not get the Amazon, but this should make for a consolation prize.

Raze
Raze UltraDork
10/10/13 5:17 p.m.

dolla dolla bills ya'll until they burn a hole in my pocket and I replace those dollas with the next Italian challenge

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
10/11/13 6:07 p.m.
NOHOME wrote:
motomad1 wrote: Volvo P1800, a Sportwagon would be icing on the cake
Look whats happened on the way to the funny farm... I did not get the Amazon, but this should make for a consolation prize.

still planning the 302 with Miata??

No car as of yet to begin with.... but my next plan is to start with an 1800 coupe... run a (what else???) 4AGE.... I like the idea of the Miata rear suspension... run the 99-05 model and the LEEN adapter allows me to bolt a Toyota 4A to the Miata 6 speed....

170hp... 8500 rpm capable... 6 speed, AND IRS equipped Volvo 1800 ....

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/11/13 9:45 p.m.

Supercharged E36 M3 4-door. I believe it is die antwoord.

jr02518
jr02518 New Reader
10/12/13 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard:

Tim, what is it with fiber glass splinters, rust and termites. Buy one of each NOW. Christmas is coming and the current caretakers are going to need money, make the wives an offer. As for the ramp truck, find a Ford F350 7.3 Powerstroke and replace the cab/fenders/hood with a 50's F series. It's fun spending your money!

kanaric
kanaric Reader
10/12/13 10:41 p.m.

Looking for some 80s angular asian chassis with at least moderate support.... going to snatch up something that is the best deal. MR2, Celica Supra, Rx7, etc. things like that. Going to sell my motorcycle and use the monies from that so with MR2 prices being so ridiculously low it's looking like that.

I would go for the ultimate in 80s angular asian box flare fun, Starquest, but aftermarket support for that is lacking compared to almost everything else and I am not a very inventive person lol

poopshovel wrote: die antwoord.

I work with someone who listens to them, damn weird, lol.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
10/12/13 10:52 p.m.

I'm looking for a lemons friendly Citroen SM or TVR Tasmin/280i. We've done the Rolls Royce already, we need something more obscure.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
10/14/13 7:06 p.m.

An Imp, God help me.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
10/15/13 8:29 a.m.
Sonic wrote: I'm looking for a lemons friendly Citroen SM or TVR Tasmin/280i. We've done the Rolls Royce already, we need something more obscure.

A Lemons priced TVR may be tough, but you're in the right area. The TVR club is based out of Kintnersville PA.

http://www.tvrccna.org/tvrccna.pl?page=index

The president just started vintage racing, and if anyone can point you towards a Lemons-level car in the area, they could.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
10/15/13 3:41 p.m.

A fox body of some sort. Probably a Mustang. If it is a mustang: 5 speed is a must and prefer V8, no V6s. If one of the other foxes, all bets are off and would be buying on condition only. Many swaps would happen.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
10/16/13 9:40 a.m.

In reply to RossD:

http://www.hemmings.com/parts/item/4603.html?refer=news

Some assembly required?

RossD
RossD PowerDork
10/17/13 7:48 a.m.

In reply to Ian F:

I was thinking the '79-'93 years Fox body and local to Wisconsin. But thanks for looking out for me, brah.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IDDtMC2dmYMpOGfNF4gQO1s3e2BucHAiuUhOszj2TBeyCGStf7HIAl9rJ5LZ4Riv