3 4 5
Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/24/09 3:12 p.m.

We haven't made a choice yet. I did just go look at a 1967 Mini Cooper S. The car was all there, but the engine was out of it and it was rough. At $10,000 it was about $5000 overpriced (in my opinion). We are not in a hurry, as we have the Tiger series to finish (3-4 more parts. The last Midget installment is next month. The GT6+ Group 44 car has yet to hit the magazine (but is done) and then there are a few more Spitfire stories (upgrades) to publish. Of course, we have the Corvair (which I will build up in 2010) and then we are working hard on a TR6. Something non-English is front a runner for next project, with BMW 2002 having mass appeal. A Fiat or Alfa roadster is also in the running, and of course everyone (including me) seems to like Imps and Minis. If we stumbled across a nice 356 or XKE, we would snap it up in a minute, as well!

GSCReno
GSCReno New Reader
6/24/09 10:53 p.m.

Tim, if you're willing to consider cars in the 356/E-Type price range, how about something like a Honda S600/S800??? Just an idea... Cheers, Scott

Dpvog
Dpvog New Reader
6/25/09 8:47 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard: Hi Tim, I can tell you that the whole Fiat crowd would LOVE to see an X1/9 restoration, but I think that this might be a bit less controversial at GRMS than at CMS. The Brits might get their knickers in a bunch if you do project X after we "hijacked" their forum, however playful and well-intentioned we were when we did it. Us Fiat owners seem to have become the bouncy puppies of the sportscar world. Unfortunately for us, most of the Brits seem to be cat people. On the other hand, if you're willing to consider cars in the Porsche 550/Gullwing 300sl price range, how about a late model Bertone X1/9?-Doug

blackrabbit
blackrabbit New Reader
6/25/09 9:07 a.m.

Hey Tim, how bout a 1960 BMW 700 sport?? I just brought home another orphan and it needs a good home.... its very complete and minimal rust. its a real sport model w/twin carbs too! much cheaper than a rusty mini.... i could send a pic if you want.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MgQv7Kr046sGUXPeGNPFF2n5SkFgbUbE6T3iyrVERsef5pduFO8oGWxGNhJHftkT