David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/22 12:37 p.m.

An obvious observation: Porsches have been popular for decades.

Perhaps not so easy to nail down, however, is which models will be favored by tomorrow’s enthusiasts.

“What seems to be the case with Porsches,” notes Spencer Trenery, owner of Fantasy Junction, a Bay Area specialty…

Read the rest of the story

Automobilist
Automobilist New Reader
4/20/22 2:06 p.m.

I would say the 2012-2015 991.1  These are extremely good cars, in virtually all aspects. 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/21/22 9:25 a.m.

I am thrilled with the 997.1 I just picked up. Best car I have ever had.

Goluscombe
Goluscombe New Reader
6/21/22 3:36 p.m.

I read an article about Bruce Canepa and had the unexpected pleasure to speak with him by phone.  He said that the best combination of handling and power was the '78 to '83 911 SC.  He felt that the handling of the 911 was more GT-like as the design progressed and while '78 to '83 years provided enough power to satisfy.    The good thing about Porsche 911, there's a model and year that would satisfy just about anybody.  

I suppose if there is anyone who could carry a weighty opinion it would be Bruce Canepa.    I will say this, that he has more energy than any three people I know.   Like the saying goes "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life" perfectly applies to Bruce.   He genuinely loves what he does.  

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/23/22 10:14 a.m.

In reply to Goluscombe :

I visited with Bruce last month. He certainly has a lot of experience and knowledge. 

personally, I spent the better part of a day a few weeks ago in a 1987 Porsche 911. I know they are iconic, well made and beautiful, but I can't warm up to the driving experience. Especially for less money, I would take my water cooled car any day.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rs4gYnXS8IAiX5OsaCYVBVvi6bjC79njyMfVWK6fc8ly2HfmpniNJTCHbjakRz6n