ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
11/16/22 2:00 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HmGXqFxvO74

Why compete with an old-school Porsche 944 Turbo Cup car?

Besides helping launch Porsche Cup racing as we know it, the factory-built Turbo Cup provides an easier path than others to enter historic racing.

Presented by CRC Industries.

Watch more videos

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
11/17/22 11:51 a.m.

Great Video!

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
11/17/22 11:59 a.m.

Great Video!

It got me thinking 944Cup car with racing history may still be attainable for the regular joes with a budget of under $60k.  The challlenge would be were to does search for one? I dont recall BaT or Cars n Bids offering any ( perhaps PCA ). I will add this to my bucket list, along with an e46Touring in stock form or with the s54 swap.  If anyone knows of a 944Turbo or e46T for sale.

Please feel free me to email me, Crossworth1 @ G m a i l .

I never drove a 944Turbo, but I did own and maintain to two 928GTS 5spd's when they under $50k.

Naturally, I regret selling the GTS, but  as the life style of a "regular joe's" goes. It is almost always a balaning act of finance for fun and family. 

Rule #1 family well being is paramount.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
11/17/22 12:28 p.m.
Crossworth said:

Rule #1 family well being is paramount.

Could I afford a really awesome car if I didn't have a family? Yes. Would I trade my family for anything? Absolutely not.

I love my wife and kid to bits, and I know someday I'll be in a better position to buy something "fun."

Crossworth
Crossworth New Reader
11/17/22 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Well Said Mr Woodyes

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) New Reader
11/18/22 8:58 p.m.

The more I see/learn about the 944 the more I like them.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/18/22 10:58 p.m.

I was there when Chris shot this–I'm the person Ray is talking to off camera–and, yeah, he really does make a convincing argument for this. Hope to see continued growing interest in these '80s and '90s showroom stock-type cars. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZyblgpOj5ZaNziSRzxwd1DvywtzRSZIydcQMZtb2Q2scZ92K8jrw9aIDWvgg4r5e