1 2
pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
2/23/15 12:52 p.m.

After living in Minnesota through last winter my wife pointed out that the borders are open. We live south of the Mason Dixon now.

Last week 8" of snow closed schools for a week. I'm OK with that.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
2/23/15 1:09 p.m.

In reply to pushrod36:LOL! I live in a patio home, also south of the Mason Dixon. Out of 64 units, 7 are owned by escapees from Minnesota and 2 more by escapees from Wisconsin.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
3/5/15 9:58 a.m.

Snowing again! Miserable. All I want to do is put the snow blower and snow shovels back in storage and bring out the patio and deck furniture. But it'll be a while before I can do that.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/5/15 12:05 p.m.

Yep, same here. 10+" overnight. The schools closed yesterday to make sure all the kiddies were home before the snow was predicted to arrive around 8:00 pm. Which was about when it started snowing at 40*.

They'll probably be closed all next week too.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
3/5/15 12:40 p.m.

The good news is the weather people are saying this should be the end of the intense and relentless snow and cold. Apparently there's a change in the jet stream coming and it's looking much better for next week. Problem is, for us here in the Northeast anyway, even if it does get warmer and doesn't snow again, we won't see bare ground until April!

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/5/15 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Gary: I'm hoping for Tuesday or so!

Gary
Gary HalfDork
3/6/15 4:11 p.m.

Spring ahead. Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend. I know it doesn't mean much around here with all the snow we have, but it's psychological... another milestone in the "march" towards spring. It's gotta come eventually!

ronbros9
ronbros9 New Reader
3/17/15 5:23 p.m.

i'm sure there was a reason i moved to Florida 35yrs ago, now central Texas Austin!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qdlL5LL9WQpO6YCpLhMtL8Ne7zm53n1QZG546PlGzMUjLwnBXiZ8Ew4mQeXym6Su