1 2
Shinsen774
Shinsen774 Reader
7/14/12 9:12 p.m.

In high school I had a 1965 Mustang 289 4 speed convertible (paid $300 for it). Then I had a 4 door 1967 Plymouth Valiant also with a V-8.

ronbros
ronbros Reader
7/21/12 3:00 p.m.

my 1st car MIGHT be considered classic, 1934 Ford roadster, with fold down windshield. paid $20. bucks for it, and YES i wish i had it now!hehe.

that was 62yrs ago,, Yup been around cars to long!

MustangSix
MustangSix Reader
7/23/12 2:37 p.m.

I had a 1932 MG J2 Midget the last half of my senior year. Sounds like a real antique now, but back then it was just a 35 year old car, hardly worth working on. Relatively speaking, that would be like driving a car from the mid eighties now.

I still recall how much nicer the next car was - a 1937 MG TA roadster. Hydraulic brakes! I swapped even for the J2 and the TA even had good side curtains!

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
7/23/12 7:52 p.m.

I really need to come over here more often.

My high school ride was a '78 Malibu Classic. It was only 10 years old when I got it. Had it survived me selling it to a buddy it would have had antique tags by now.

The '88 Daytona Pacifica that replaced it back in '90 only stuck around until '92. The insurance ate me alive. A couple years ago I purchased an '87 Pacifica to replace it. It qualified for antique tags this year an got them. That made me feel old.

chuckles
chuckles Reader
8/20/12 2:15 p.m.

I graduated from high school in 1965. One of my acquaintances had a brand new MGB that senior year. BRG of course. My crowd was into SCCA racing and we all envied him enormously. I recently ran into him at a dinner meerting.He's a doctor now. I reminded him of how neat that car was and asked him what happened to it. He says: "I've still got it. Freshly restored. I drove it here tonight." Most people wouldn't appreciate that story.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n0XwdnHGzwe3MGWxYNXGky1Do7BFWtAtBIiXjZ2xxFvByfOq4zZooHAbQtjCIRGE