1 2 3
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/6/21 5:20 a.m.
feature_image

Almost exactly one year ago, we published one of the bleakest updates on our industry we’ve ever written. A few weeks into the COVID-19 pandemic, the motorsports world was frozen, and institutions we’d always known seemed to be circling the drain.

That included our own company.

As a…

Read the rest of the story

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/6/21 5:42 a.m.

I normally hate the idea of website subscriptions, but there's no question in my mind that GRM is worth supporting financially. Even if you ignore the fantastic dead trees you guys send me monthly, the community and knowledge base you've created online is well worth the price of a large coffee every month. 
I'm looking forward to being a part of whatever coolness this becomes. 

gumby
gumby Dork
4/6/21 6:25 a.m.

Done

Thanks GRM!

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/6/21 6:37 a.m.

Done. I look forward to what this becomes. Thanks for everything you guys do!

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) New Reader
4/6/21 6:41 a.m.

Loving that I can still have ample opportunity to support. Just went to get the subscription to GRM+ however and my webpage returned an error:

{"error": "get() returned more than one User -- it returned 2! It is possible you share an email with more than one account, which is not supported"}

Not sure how to recitfy, but once it is I'll be right back in line!

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/6/21 7:17 a.m.

I'll add the + later today, but are you ending the Patreon thing?  So that will stop all by itself?

BTW, the ads here are not bad at all, so will there be a way to keep more ads so that you guys can get a few more pennies from my looking around?  Whatever ad system you use, it has a fraction of the effect of other pages, so it's not bad.  

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/6/21 7:30 a.m.

Done

Tom Suddard
4/6/21 7:34 a.m.

In reply to Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) :

This should be fixed. You might have to log out and then log in again for the fix to take effect.

Tom Suddard
4/6/21 7:44 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, Patreon is on its way out. We'll be shutting it off later today. There doesn't appear to be a way to retain our ability to message Patreon people without also charging them, so this way they'll have a day to read our post announcing GRM+.

At this point, we're more focused on launching the program, squishing bugs, and thinking of other cool stuff we could add, and less focused on more precise control over showing more ads to GRM+ members. We want you all to have the best experience possible.

WonkoTheSane (FS)
WonkoTheSane (FS) SuperDork
4/6/21 7:47 a.m.

In.

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/6/21 7:50 a.m.

Done, love the idea.

New York Nick
New York Nick Reader
4/6/21 7:55 a.m.

Done. Thank you for captaining this ship, this is a great community of people. 

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) New Reader
4/6/21 7:55 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Perfect! All fixed and got my subscription. Thanks so much!

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/6/21 8:04 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

In reply to alfadriver (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, Patreon is on its way out. We'll be shutting it off later today. There doesn't appear to be a way to retain our ability to message Patreon people without also charging them, so this way they'll have a day to read our post announcing GRM+.

At this point, we're more focused on launching the program, squishing bugs, and thinking of other cool stuff we could add, and less focused on more precise control over showing more ads to GRM+ members. We want you all to have the best experience possible.

Sounds good.  I'll bring up letting the ads run in a few months when things are smooth.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
4/6/21 8:20 a.m.

I fully intend to subscribe to GRM+ and support the GRM world in every way possible, but just to clarify...

Does this mean that the Dead Tree format is going away?

Tom Suddard
4/6/21 8:21 a.m.

Oh absolutely not. The print magazine is still growing and here to stay. This just means we might be able make the website make financial sense someday.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
4/6/21 8:28 a.m.

Cool. I'm on board. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
4/6/21 8:30 a.m.

I think us Florida residents should get GRM++ since we have to pay 21 cents more.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
4/6/21 8:32 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

That's to subsidize the convenience of having the Challenge in your own neighborhood. 

JAdams
JAdams New Reader
4/6/21 8:33 a.m.

I don't typically go for these types of things, but I will totally be supporting this! I was super worried when you guys sent the distress call in 2020 and, like many others, hurried to support GRM. Thanks for all the awesome content and the continued support of this awesome automotive forum!

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/6/21 8:55 a.m.

Done, Happy to support this stuff especially when it's value added for us.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/6/21 9:15 a.m.

Way in.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/6/21 9:25 a.m.

I had a yellow box and "GRM+" for a moment and now it's gone.  How will people know I'm cool now?

Tom Suddard
4/6/21 9:32 a.m.

Sorry about that! Looks like you and Stampie both had that happen. We're fixing it now.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports HalfDork
4/6/21 9:34 a.m.

Done as well

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oyXT3OGyQMISJRxo2DIPTzUH07VUmEevPLKWF1kCLvljnzu70Jkeg46wUNZwwAMx