Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
6/16/21 1:45 p.m.

Hey guys, long time since I've been around here. Had a lot of stuff happen in my life since I was really around last. One new thing is that I'm in a new location, and I no longer have a place to work on cars. I don't really have any friends I'm close enough with to hang out at their garages, and this whole Covid thing has made that doubly hard to find since relocation. Pretty much just work since the move.

I would love to find a Challenge team in the area that wants to build a car, and has the space to store and work on it. It doesn't necessarily need to be a Challenge car, even working on other car stuff is cool. I have some projects in mind for my DD that I need space to perform as well.

As for what I can bring to the team, for those that don't know me, I have participated in the Parking Lot build at the Challenge almost every year it has been done. Worked on the GI Joe car, among others. I'm pretty good at electronics and doing research. Comfortable working on engine and transmission internals. I don't have track driving experience, outside of maybe 10 autocross runs and a couple of 1/4 mile passes, but I would like to get some seat time somehow. Getting out to an autocross or Gambler event would be cool as well.

Another thing I'd like to do is start a YouTube channel. I think it would be cool to produce content for other low buck racers out there.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
6/16/21 2:33 p.m.

There's a buttload of people on the east coast of Florida, should be fairly easy to find a team.  Floating Doc is the first one that comes to mind

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/2000-challenge/hurricane-fund-a-v8-morris-minor-redeux/181936/page1/

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
6/17/21 12:48 p.m.

He certainly has a cool project. I'm sending him an email. He doesn't live too far from me, certainly closer than some of the other teams I've worked with in the past.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
6/21/21 12:04 p.m.

After thinking on it a bit, I think I really want to build something from scratch. It's really hard to find garage space in this area, lol. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ENQQgQ3ovmdovQr7QnlU8RLyl9sYVA6dknvzSXCPQegIOXlxSOiBJ37GG2DLTEh6