gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
9/10/18 6:27 p.m.

2006 accord 2.4 and auto trans. How bad of a job would it be to change the trans with the car on jackstands?

logdog
logdog UltraDork
9/10/18 6:31 p.m.

Its not too bad, but you need some sort of engine hanger, either DIY or bought.  You have to drop the subframe.  

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
9/11/18 7:20 a.m.

I thing the PC versions is alternative gender, and removal is not the answer, can't we all just get along.  Why are there trannys living in your Accord.

aw614
aw614 Reader
9/11/18 8:11 a.m.
logdog said:

Its not too bad, but you need some sort of engine hanger, either DIY or bought.  You have to drop the subframe.  

It seems a lot of the newer hondas since the 7th gen civic require the subframe dropping for tranny removal. 

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
9/11/18 8:44 a.m.
logdog said:

FWIW, I used this one to pull the transmission on the MINI and it works very well.  I think the only issue you might have is getting the front end up high enough to pull the transmission out.  Make sure to have something to put it on an roll.

-Rob

Harvey
Harvey Dork
9/11/18 9:15 a.m.
rob_lewis said:
logdog said:

FWIW, I used this one to pull the transmission on the MINI and it works very well.  I think the only issue you might have is getting the front end up high enough to pull the transmission out.  Make sure to have something to put it on an roll.

-Rob

I got basically the same one off Amazon (free prime shipping!) to do the oil pan on my BMW 335xi. The only issue I had is that the BMW has a spot on the motor to put the toe hook into it where you attach the chains and this particular bar doesn't sit up high enough to hook onto that piece so we had to put it up on blocks.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/11/18 10:01 a.m.

When I dropped the subframe out of my 9-5 I just used a 4x4 long enough to span the engine bay.  I have used it 3 times without any incidents.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6IqTybUBmyzbMTvRYqYQvzoaBScd3Ul6CwI22SPmpu7P5o9mWXYEWqoQwnw7nw8U